Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Which Way to Go


Therefore I am still
a lover of the meadows and the woods,
and the mountains; and of all that we behold
from this green earth

William Wordsworth
Does the road lead to or away? Highways, by-ways, up mountains, down valleys, across meadows, with the current, against -- is all life's motion leading to a destination? Or is it in the movement itself with no particular place to go? I especially feel this endless path in the woods. Around every bend is the next group of trees and there is the magic place, so I say. But onward I still go, often back where I started.
The north node in Pisces is just about to part with Saturn and no entity knows more than Pisces how fluid direction is if there really is one at all.
It matters not.

The Sun is in Scorpio, the Moon in Aries, the full moon headed to my north1, and I thought, "Now. Now is the time to move ahead." A logical path, a mighty destination. But is it? Am I already there? Am I driver or passenger? But, of course. Both.
The south node in Virgo says yes, there's a sensible pattern. My misfiring plug is fixed along with my wheel, and I'm free to go. But then there's that glorious north node in Pisces dispensing the ultimate truth. Stay or go, up to you, makes no difference.
So here I am, the cards turning logically revealing the Hanged Man and the Sun. I suppose I should give it another minute. It's too suspenseful now any way, these last days of the Pisces node. And where on this green earth would I be without bewilderment?
Galen Rowell. Mountain Light. Sierra Nevada Mountains.

2 Comments:

Blogger m.p.k. said...

Very timely jm. I'm traveling out to the Nevada desert for a few days, driving out thru Death Valley. I'm having the same thoughts you've expressed here. Even though I'll be moving, this is the fragment on my mind "to be still and still moving"...

24/10/07 7:25 PM  
Blogger jm said...

It's such a rich time for this, mpk, with the node in Pisces so strong. I'll be interested in hearing about your experience.

The Full moon in Taurus will be perfect for absorption. Still and still moving is ideal.

24/10/07 9:31 PM  

<< Home