Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Whose Fault Is It?


The Staple Singers
I admit it. It can get tiresome how many times I say this, but finding the entity that causes people's suffering is impossible. S*He doesn't exist.
It's not the president, the evil dictator, your mother, your spouse, the sheriff, the white, red, or blue man, not even the earth. The business corporations?? Are you kidding? Who really pulls the strings? Where is the root of injustice? Of self-respect?
It's a big system that involves everyone and everything, including the whole conscious and subconscious realms of each individual. We're guided by attraction and repulsion and know not where the source resides. I think in some ways, we have to trust our luck.
Bad things come. They go. Good things come. And then all the in-between. And the moon grows full.
Nina Simone did a great version of the old Blind Willie Johnson tune Nobody's Fault But Mine. It's been covered by a lot of musicians.
Well, it's nobody's fault but mine
Nobody's fault but mine
If I don't read, my soul get lost
Nobody's fault but mine
My mother taught me how to read
My mother taught me how to read
If I don't read, my soul get lost
Nobody's fault but mine
It's nobody's fault but mine
Nobody's fault but mine
If I should die, my soul be lost
It's nobody's fault but mine

2 Comments:

Blogger m.p.k said...

I should have known Zeppelin covered this song. :-)

18/6/08 12:35 PM  
Blogger jm said...

I know! And I haven't heard that version yet. 'fraid to!

I get the bumps every time I even read the main line since it's so much a theme of my life. I gave up astrological counseling because almost everyone failed to grasp the concept - the chart is all about the person and the creation of one's own reality. Not easy. Pretty much all people blame the other. I gave up.

I wish I knew what prevents the knowledge from taking hold. Why people bitterly complain about the reality around them even when it never changes from this act of holding others responsible. As if a corporation were god. Well actually, considering the love of consumption, maybe it is. But where does the devil come from?

I will have to say, though, that I gave in and did a chart for a women I like recently. When the subject of her bout with cancer came up she told me that when she was diagnosed, the first question she asked was, "why am I attacking myself?" She recovered. No wonder I broke training to do her chart.

My dream come true. The understanding of origin. So maybe my hope is a little renewed.

18/6/08 2:14 PM  

<< Home