Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Secrets of the Stone

If I could get by on a penny a day
I'd live like a king in a castle of gray
And if I could plant a penny like a seed
I'd grow rich as a king, I could live like a queen

If I could turn a penny into a tune
Warm as the sun, old as the moon
On pillows of silk I'd sing you that tune
In a sultan's tent, under the moon

If I knew like the wizards of old
How to turn pennies into gold
If I knew the secrets they knew
The secrets of the stone

Then I could live on a penny a night
I could live like a king all my life.

The voluptuous Queen of Pentacles is looking at me right now and the graph of the cosmos tells me that the stars might align in my favor, come winter. Ever-active Mars is heading back to Gemini and will turn direct exactly on my Venus, goddess of my 2nd house of cash. At the same time, Venus will be conjunct Jupiter in Capricorn on my Midheaven and Pluto will be at 0 Capricorn. Will this philosopher discover the secrets of the stone? Tune in to the next installment. If all else fails, there's this reminder:
When it rains it always rains
Pennies from heaven
Don't you know each cloud contains
Pennies from heaven
You'll find your fortune falling all over town
Make sure that your umbrella is upside down

Not to worry. As Uranian as I am, my umbrella is always upside down and inside out.
Secrets of the Stone. JM. Cpwt IMS 1983
Pennies from Heaven. John Burke. Arthur Johnston. 1936

6 Comments:

Blogger Tseka said...

Amazing but true
the queen of pentacles
it the one that i drew
too
day before yesterday.

We'll see what ol' Pluto and Jupiter have in mind along with the rest of the cast.

Holding an upside-down umbrella while it rains pennies from heaven is so wise. You are so much better prepared than i -just a wool hat here.

20/11/07 4:22 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Well, the Jupiter-Pluto conjunction is quite amazing. Exactly on your Sun, exactly opposite my Uranus. It's already happening.

Wool gathering? I hear that works.

The conjunction also has the NN at 0. It looks rather interesting from a earthling's meager point of view.

20/11/07 4:41 PM  
Blogger jm said...

The Q of P is very concerned about home and work environments because she recognizes how important our surroundings are to health and wholeness.

My studio is getting renovated, and I have to say, this is the first time in 7 years I've been drawn into lingering there to the exclusion of the other spaces. I scared myself last night when I played a passage so good it made me dance from the deep. I ran into another room but returned.:-) Pleasure is a Mother.

Saturn in Virgo is part of it and as I step out again onstage this time I plan to make it an extension of the environment I've created here. Largely mental. The dichotomy I've maintained between my inner world and outer is just about to be obliterated. The moat around the castle. Maintenace is required within. Cash without.

Why do they call it "cold cash"? With all the hands touching it, it should be warm.

20/11/07 5:03 PM  
Blogger Tseka said...

as I step out again onstage this time I plan to make it an extension of the environment I've created here.

This is how i operate as well. And the reverse too, when i invite people into my studio they leave with a part of it. I am astonished by the thanks i receive.

Building creative spaces and extending them into other places which is an healing act is so necessary now.
And part of the Queen of Pentacles process. Her wealth is never hers alone. She is after all at peace with a raptor on her Left hand - the balance of creativity not undone by what could be seen as "destructive" or "evil".

20/11/07 5:54 PM  
Blogger jm said...

the balance of creativity not undone by what could be seen as "destructive" or "evil".

Oooh, what a great reminder. Quite the contrary, really. The evil magnifies it in juxtaposition. It can be left as is while the creative breathes. And this too:

Her wealth is never hers alone.

Highly applicable. I expect big changes and this is an important thought to keep with me. You're absolutely right. The queen has societal responsibility.

20/11/07 10:07 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Building creative spaces and extending them into other places

I'm beginning to think I was unable to do this until now, the extension part. I'm just a curtain rod--extend to fit.

I have to admit I was engaging with the other and this is related to what don and I were talking about the other day in terms of the false and how one can relate without identifying. The "destructive" needs the creative and vice versa.

My attitude toward the evil seems to have changed. It can be used. The night life, where I "extend" is full of vice. It adds to the rich sensation. I could have sung in church. I might one day, not that there isn't just as much vice there. Probably more. Maybe I'd better stay where I am, just extend a bit more, with a ballerina's reach and point.:o)

20/11/07 10:30 PM  

<< Home