Monday, January 21, 2008

Kings and Dreams

Martin Luther King Day: January 21, 2008
North Node of the Moon: 27 degrees Aquarius
This year the day commemorating one of America's most respected contributions to humanity, the Reverend Martin Luther King, takes on a special significance. Everyone can sense it. Not even one month ago the possibility of a person of color becoming president of the United States was a dream. On January 3rd, 2008, it became a reality.
The transiting north node is exactly conjunct the USA Moon in Aquarius today, governing an innate understanding of the commonality of man and the purpose of freedom. "I have a dream", King is known for proclaiming, along with "Free at last". It seems like some recognition of that dream is here and possibly an historic step in the realization of its goal. I think the ongoing mutual reception between Uranus in Pisces and Neptune in Aquarius is bringing the idea to the forefront. That along with the recent Saturn-Neptune opposition, making dreams manifest.
Dr. King was a Capricorn with a Moon-Venus conjunction in Pisces, the perfect combination of vision and reality and the right one to get the concept of freedom in action. He also had Uranus in Aries adding fuel to his revolutionary implementation of liberation. Soon Neptune will conjunct the USA Aquarian Moon further adding to the manifestation along with Pluto in Capricorn. Interesting that Uranus will soon return to his Uranus in Aries at 3 degrees.
Added to this is King's Mars at 21 Gemini, opposite his Saturn at 25 Sagittarius, close to transiting retrograde Mars and conjunct the USA natal Mars. Then add transiting Uranus in Pisces on top of Reverend King's Pisces conjunction. Quite a meeting.

I feel honored in a way I never could have expected by being part of this moment in history. I never dreamed I would see this day. And I have one of the most active imaginations imaginable.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I look forward to Pluto in Capricorn (though I'm nervous about it transiting my Moon)...I feel like I need some sobering up!
I booked a one-day workshop for Pluto's big day: 'Painting the Northern Lights.'
Capricorn has a northernly feel to me.

22/1/08 8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with that, esp. since Cap is my NN. :o)

22/1/08 11:06 AM  
Blogger jm said...

I love the North. Good association. I feel energy and stimulation when I think of it.

22/1/08 12:58 PM  
Blogger Tseka said...

Free at last.
Kings and dreams
The king of dreams...
My brother's surgery took place on this day. Dreaming of freedom. It was long and innovative. The outcome unknown. The hope - freedom from the restraints of a body confined by Cerebral Palsy and an undeniably brilliant neurosurgeon who believes the decline can be arrested and possibly a chance to recover some function. Recover, all these retrogrades were in my mind the big REs, it is a good time for re- rewiring a spine, rebuilding, renewing, recovering.

Skill, and luck and who knows? magic? at our side, i am pleased to report a near miracle. In recovery my brother was able to sign with both hands, feeling in all extremities. Imagine that! Swelling came and erased much of the gains but the few hours of freedom from pain and freedom of movement suggest...an outcome beyond good. My brother confined to a wheel chair is now walking, with a walker down a hallway. He is erect.

A Capricorn, this is my brother's Saturn return. It has been an amazing time.

How's that for a Saturn return?

27/1/08 9:15 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Oh my god in heaven, tseka.

I'll put up a new post in the cave so we can talk. I'll look at his chart.

I believe. I always did.

I am stunned and so very very happy for you and your family.

This is a turning point for all.

29/1/08 6:03 PM  
Blogger Tseka said...

Sure is JM and i owe a lot of my ability to navigate to you. Humbly i offer thanks to you, some of your wise words fit just right in the last year. They helped me make decisions when others could not, lever the boulders out of the way.

So thank you my dear heart.

29/1/08 6:43 PM  
Blogger jm said...

This touches me so much, St.B. I knew the move was going to be good but not this good. There is much meaning to this turn of events and I'd like to review the charts to see what patterns emerge. I'm connected too.

I'm so glad you included me.

29/1/08 10:24 PM  

<< Home