Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Possibility, Telepathy and the Poet

I died for beauty but was scarce
Adjusted in the tomb,
When one who died for truth was lain
In an adjoining room.

He questioned softly why I failed?
"For beauty," I replied.
"And I for truth, the two are one;
We brethren are," he said.

And so as kinsmen met a night,
We talked betwen the rooms
Until the moss had reached our lips,
And covered up our tombs.

I love this poem by Emily Dickinson. I was inspired to revisit the verse after an event that just occurred at Raging Universe.
Two other artist/mystics and I discovered that within the last week we had all three read the identical Emily Dickinson poem about possibility. I don't know of anyone who isn't thrilled by telepathic experience.
Where does a thought come from anyway?
I often communicate telepathically with the people in my life, many of them Aquarians, or Uranian types. I associate this kind of mental exchange with this sign and planet. There is a great pleasure in knowing something doesn't have to be explained, although it can be. A delight in the recognition of the unseen machinations of the world we live in.
This moment was one of those pleasurable ones. It's always astonishing no matter how many times I connect this way. I have long thought that the Uranian/Neptunian influence we are under now has increased this form of conversation. The Internet has become part of this universal teletype as we tap into collective consciousness. I think we are even increasing our skill. With the Saturn opposition Neptune just upon us, I am not surprised that we united in the world of imagination and discovered it together.
But I am still thrilled.
Illustration by Angel K.Y. Craft.

8 Comments:

Blogger jm said...

Another great event has occurred around this for me.

The discovery came the day before yesterday and still we are discussing it. Still we are feeling it and enjoying the pleasure. And picking up clues to knowledge.
Rarely do I find people who are so everpresent.
The timelessness of Neptune is with the timeliness of Saturn right now. A potent combination.

I feel very very fortunate.

30/1/07 5:31 PM  
Blogger kadimiros said...

"He questioned softly why I failed?"

Or: graduated.

30/1/07 6:40 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Maybe so. I think this expresses the impossibility of capturing the magnitude of the beauty in the vision of the artist, although I've known some who felt they got as close as they could by the end of their lives.

30/1/07 9:59 PM  
Blogger kadimiros said...

On other levels, whatever they did do will have expanded their perceptual range, and added to the magnitude of their visions for others as well.

31/1/07 8:20 AM  
Blogger jm said...

What to do about collective vison.

31/1/07 1:30 PM  
Blogger kadimiros said...

What do you mean? I suspect it will shake out eventually.

31/1/07 6:15 PM  
Blogger jm said...

I know the artist/mystic's vision helps the collective, but sometimes I wonder where it's gone. You are absolutely right and it's a good thing to always keep in mind.

it will shake out eventually.

Adding this to my mantra bank. I like it.

31/1/07 9:33 PM  
Blogger kadimiros said...

Hmm, yes. The effects are unobvious unless we know what to look for. But we know they're there.

1/2/07 6:51 PM  

<< Home