Sunday, December 09, 2007

The Ship Comes In
Jupiter Pluto Conjunction

On December 11th these two giants, one literal, one figurative, or was until repositioned as a dwarf this year - will meet in the heavens, a rather interesting occurrence from a metaphysician's perspective. One particularly fascinating aspect is the connection to the beginning of the transit 13 years ago. Jupiter was conjunct Pluto then, on January 18, 1995, along with Venus.

Pluto governs riches and Jupiter, abundance.
The gaseous planet inflates everything it touches, as you can see when the Dow Industrial Average closed at the end of 1995 for the first time above 5000. It steadily went upward until it reached 14,000+ this year and now as Pluto and Jupiter leave Sagittarius the restraint is beginning. There are several lessons the two planets are leaving the earth with and the correlation between the entrance and the departure reveal what they are.

From my post below on wealth I included these lyrics:
If I knew like the wizards do
How to turn pennies into gold
If I knew. like they do.
The secrets of the stone ..
Then I could live on a penny a night
I could live like a king all my life.
I think this expresses what Pluto and Jupiter mean as the unseen forces of the underworld ruled by Pluto are used to create riches on earth, ruled by Jupiter. The end result of such alchemical experimentation is an understanding of what wealth really is. Is it possessions? Happiness? Faith? Knowledge? A fat bank account? Friends and family? Fulfillment in every area? These are some of the questions that could get aroused when Jupiter and Pluto meet up from December 11th to the 14th.

The Pluto ingress in 1995 found Saturn at 9 degrees Pisces along with Venus and Jupiter in Sagittarius. Mars was 1 degree Virgo creating the Virgo-Pisces-Sagittarius T-square we're experiencing now, connected with religion and spirituality. But the most interesting factor was the north node in Scorpio. As Pluto stationed at 0 for the next three months, the NN passed 6-9 degrees Scorpio, exactly where Venus will be during the coming conjunction. Saturn reached 14 degrees Pisces during the station, where direct Uranus will be now. The current conjunction squares the 29 Pisces of the Iraq War chart.
There is no doubt about the religious struggles these years have wrought, but the added Scorpio puts emphasis on lessons of shared resources and how they figure into evolution. We are soon to find out as what's mine is mine, and what's yours is yours have become altogether confused to the point of realization that sharing might be necessary for human continuation, eventually including a reduction of the old standards; theft and murder. The repeat of the Jupiter-Pluto conjunction together with Venus and Scorpio lend credence to this view.
The United States, especially, with her SN in the 2nd and NN in the 8th, is in the vanguard of this learning as the birthing and dying fields of Mesopotamia continue to reveal knowledge yet to be assimilated. No surprise that substance "under" the sands is what this Pluto-Jupiter action has been about. Is it God differences or just resources that have caused humanity's violent interpersonal discomfort? Would genuine religion affect the battle for survival and dominance? Will sharing be a requirement and thus lead to social progress? Attempted annihilation of the enemy is not working too well.
In the meantime I was contemplating these events and drew the Queen of Pentacles. I kept her upturned for a week and put her back in the deck. I shuffled and cut the deck. I drew. The card that turned up was the Queen of Pentacles. I knew something was up.
For me, wealth is real. Dollars and cents. I have a nn in Taurus and tangibles are what I need. My sn is in Scorpio, my Moon and Jupiter, in Sagittarius, so I have more than enough emotional and spiritual wealth. For every person the story is unique. Contrary to popular opinion, one doesn't necessarily mean the other. That if you are spiritually rich, you will be materially rich as well, and that if you pursue a lot of money, you are most likely spiritually lacking. Come December 11, the opportunities to gain insight and understanding become abundant. That wealth you can count on. Then the earth moves into the Capricorn years when the newfound discoveries can become manifest in concrete reality. When we realize what truly brings us joy.
Photo: Sonja Bullaty & Angelo Lomeo

25 Comments:

Blogger Tseka said...

Absolutely.
And everything that you describe in the astrology i find in the myths, aforetelling of a particular alignment. The 11th is the bridge in Nordic myth.

Today i was reading a Vedic Astrology article on precession translated out of the Rig Veda and the author cited the nordic myths as being nearly line for line the same. (describing long count)
Many are thinking that this particular passage of time is what has been written by the seers of the past.

I don't know but i am sure glad to be witness to this moment.

And even better standing on the bridge with you and other kindred.

9/12/07 6:25 PM  
Blogger Tseka said...

And, here we are on the shore with the boat named joy ready to ferry us across the river.

And, we have friends like Joe to lead us in the lambada, and Nurse Jill with the funky chicken pox when we get too serious...or bored.

sounds good

9/12/07 6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much to think about, jm. Thank you. I'm contemplating abundance tonight. Many new things are coming to me, many new people have made themselves known, and many new experiences seem imminent. Pluto is now in my 8th house, altho still in Sag. The difference is astounding. I hope I can assimilate it all.

9/12/07 7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tseka, you talked of seers of the past, just now.

I met a man this afternoon who was like a seer--not from my past, which is what usually happens to me-- but from my future. Everything he said was exactly what I need to know to experience Pluto in my 8th house. We talked for 4 hours in a coffee shop while people came and went almost unnoticed.

I need more of this in my life, these direct, blunt and wise older men.

9/12/07 7:52 PM  
Blogger jm said...

And even better standing on the bridge with you and other kindred.

Great image and I have to admit to being glad myself.

when we get too serious...or bored.

Heheh.

9/12/07 8:00 PM  
Blogger Tseka said...

I need more of this in my life, these direct, blunt and wise older men

I think this is just the beginning of a nice wave carrying wisdom to shore.

I am glad for you.

9/12/07 8:05 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Joe, what a great encounter today. I got the bumps on that one. I live for those moments.

Pluto in the 8th, headed right for your Jupiter. Changes ahead. Maybe some of that evasive direction and focus gone missing this past year are coming in. I'd bet on it.

9/12/07 8:05 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Pluto leaving a house is a big event. Since Pluto only travels about a third or so of our charts in a lifetime, where it does this tells us something about our lives.

I'm curious, joe, how you think your experience of relationships has changed as a result of these Pluto 7th years.

9/12/07 8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God I hope so, what you both just said.

I wish I could talk to my own father this way. :o(

9/12/07 8:10 PM  
Blogger jm said...

It could be so, tseka, the uptick in knowledge. I've always thought the Pluto transit of the last quadrant indicated this. Very well could be.

9/12/07 8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious, joe, how you think your experience of relationships has changed as a result of these Pluto 7th years.

The Saturn walls are coming down, for one thing. I'm not keeping people out as much. I'm seeing that honesty and directness are both essential or else there is no relationship. I've cut out acquaintances/relationships that are deadweight. People come to me when I need them or am ready to learn from them.

I'm sure there are more.

9/12/07 8:14 PM  
Blogger jm said...

I wish I could talk to my own father this way. :o(

Best to have realistic expectations. Maybe some new fathers will come into your life in the next years to give some slack to the poor guy. Or maybe you'll be a guide to young ones by the end.

9/12/07 8:15 PM  
Blogger jm said...

People come to me when I need them or am ready to learn from them.

I like that, speaking of honesty.

9/12/07 8:17 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Joe, I'm also curious about today's encounter. Tell me more if and when you can.

I was just thinking about Pluto through my 8th which recently ended. Good to remember. I think it got me in touch with my inner resources in the most profound way yet in my life, the 8th house being about resources. I live alone now for real and I probably couldn't have done that before. Maybe the 8th strips pretense taking us to our fundamental selves.

9/12/07 8:24 PM  
Blogger jm said...

I'm associating the planetary motion with the downturn in worldwide violence which has been going on for about 20 years, corresponding to the end of Scorpio and all of Sag. This also goes along with my theory of transition in Scorp and Sag to the transpersonal.

I read today that violence is down to levels it hasn't seen in 7 years in Israel. With the coming Capricorn-Libra-Aries there could be some very serious peace talks, not just for show. There is great possibility ahead and maybe if we think in that direction collectively, it can influence the process.

9/12/07 8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, I'm also curious about today's encounter. Tell me more if and when you can.

Sorry, my friend, that's more personal than I want to get on a public blog. Just know that a lot of ideas, beliefs and perspectives are changing for me in profound ways, with more to come if I read the signs right.

Inner resources. Hmm, maybe for me a refinement of the ones I've cultivated all along behind my walls. Or a test of their validity in the wider world.

10/12/07 5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I will say is that when the conversation turned very serious for about 1 hour, his demeanor changed accordingly and I swear to you, it felt like I had Saturn himself sitting across from me. It filled a need in me I didn't even know was there.

10/12/07 10:15 AM  
Blogger m.p.k said...

I've had some interesting discussions with my older brother that seem related to the conj. He used to look down on me as being the wayward and not so successful younger sibling. The thing is, he's a big spender, and I've nearly overtaken him economically on probably half the income or less. He now treats me as an equal and has begun to lament and try to change the spending pattern he's been in for years. Another brother is contemplating bankruptcy. He's been a follower of one new age belief after another, the problem is, he's been looking for wish fulfillment instead instead of factoring in reality. He had it all (materially speaking) and lost everything, and then began living off credit cards. I'm just about ready in the next year to push the ball to the top of the dome. I'll be only halfway there, but the next half is downhill. I really believe Saturn has been my best friend. He loaded me down and gave me a very sparse toolbox to work with but in submitting to the task the structure for my radical liberation is being built in time. I still have a huge flood of energy for new manifestations. It's waiting in the wings and still growing.

10/12/07 10:34 AM  
Blogger jm said...

It's amazing, joe, the way you apply astrology to your life. Your understanding of Saturn is advanced. I think it's largely the fact that you're able to feel the entities and I think this makes all the difference. The sensing of ourselves from another dimension.

It's wonderful that you came across the knowledge just before your Capricorn transits. But then, Saturn rules timing.

10/12/07 2:41 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Very very interesting mpk. Thanks for the brother input.

I really believe Saturn has been my best friend. He loaded me down and gave me a very sparse toolbox to work with but in submitting to the task the structure for my radical liberation is being built in time.

That's it exactly. After the structure in Saturn comes liberation in Aquarius, the tone of the times ahead. Your Sun-Saturn conjunction and your Moon-Jupiter conj. in Aquarius. Capricorn rising. You can guide. I think knowledge accompanies all of our planetary placements. It just has to be mined as we go. The chart is a good blueprint to locate the mines.

I still have a huge flood of energy for new manifestations. It's waiting in the wings and still growing.

That's how I feel about myself and probably always will.

What you are saying is ideal as we enter the Cap years. Not sensing an oppressive entity, hurting humans with restriction, but providing the framework for our liberation.

10/12/07 2:53 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Another thing. Because you have Cap rising and Sun-Saturn in Gemini, your brothers are intrinsic to your self understanding and achievement. You've already done so much with the knowledge, seeing purpose and real connection to your destiny in the relationships. Very rare.

10/12/07 2:57 PM  
Blogger jm said...

This is why I get frustrated with the lack of good use of astrology, and why I rejoice in the moments I see my friends get it. If many people used it as a tool for self understanding, not as a predetermined oppressive system, along with other modes of growth, eventually we'd have better societies. It won't happen by "wishful thinking" about better governments or hatred of rulers.

Saturn is a great administrator, delegating and rewarding, encouraging the devlopment of a functional social order. This is where the inner government comes in, how we organize ourselves. If done well, then we can go on to freedom as a natural progression.

Some will battle violently within themselves and thus create societies that need violence in attaining freedom, but I don't think it works. The violence has to stop in each one, starting by moving beyond the current malfunctions. Replacing them. Taking your own steps.

I think there's opportunity in the times ahead. the Saturn-Uranus opposition is coming and it's a perfect time to see the value of the self in the whole. That each person has a say. And freedom is available for those who take it. Even within an imperfect environment.

10/12/07 3:23 PM  
Blogger jm said...

I think I'll repeat what I feel to be the most important concept and the hardest to comprehend.

The famous are not on charge. The presidents are not in charge. Your boss is not in charge. The planets are not in charge. The prophets are not in charge. The past is not in charge. The future is not in charge.

It's an integrated system that functions on its own. And creates itself as it goes. Everyone(thing)'s in charge.

10/12/07 3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. May we be the co-creators of a wise, compassionate and harmonious future.

10/12/07 3:50 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Why in hell not?

There's room for everything. As Klee said, evil is ethical stability. It all can exist together. If the wise and good are genuine they will persist. No reason to fear obliteration by the opposite which has just as much reason for existence.

10/12/07 4:04 PM  

<< Home