Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Defense

Nature can be brutal. You need skills to survive any eventuality. Everything outside is trying to get in, everything inside is getting out.
I don't recall ever waiting with such diligence for a hurricane to touch down ..... with an entire country. Seems we've learned a thing or three. At least how to brace for a storm.
It's long been my feeling that the United States was weakening and losing some survival skills, as far as defense is concerned. With Uranus soon to transit her Aries 4th house, and progressed Mars going retrograde, I got to thinking that shake-up and rebuilding of strength were scheduled with a new round of skill-learning. Her basic foundation of pioneering know-how, muscle, audacity, adventurousness, vitality, agility, acuity, and fearlessness. You know. Aries.
It could be time for this place to get in shape, IMO. We got a good start. Sent Gustav packing. Mush!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, jm!

Resonant with "Defense," here's Barbara Hand Clow on the August eclipses and what's up for the fall ...

http://www.handclow2012.com/astroflash.htm

Scroll down to "Virgo New Moon, August 30 2008".

Shorter BHC: Learn how to ground yourself in your personal power. And turn off the teevee.

My only quibble came at the end, with her swift-kick labeling of Mars in Scorpio squaring Neptune in Aquarius -- "manipulation and greed," and "fantasy-ridden rapid change or spiritual ecstasy." I mean, what happened to the possible manifestation of the Eagle/Phoenix and the Mystic? I can't help remembering how it felt to see Gandalf the White ride that giant Eagle.

2/9/08 9:39 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Nice.

I always include both good and bad possibilities with the squares. You're right about the phoenix and the mystic.

One thing about Mars in Scorpio sq Neptune in Aquarius has to do with a factor common to all Scorp-Aquarius squares. And that is the battle between deep emotional bonding and detachment -- problematic in relationships. The Mars wants real close stuff, soul bonding, possibly sex, and the Neptune wants intellectuality and fantasy. Mars in Scorpio bleeds for you and vice versa, Neptune wants to travel outer space with you, preferably out of body. so what to do with those pesky bodily desires? Altered states? dionysian ecstatsy? I suppose you can do both.:)

Mars in Scorp can be jealous and possessive - me and you against the world - whereas Nep in Aquarius is not like that at all. Mars-Neptune also idealizes the male figure, often seen in the relationship with brothers early in life.

I have a Mars-Nep conjunction in Libra and I worshipped my Libra brother.

2/9/08 11:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So, hey, why not Sacred Sex? Conscious Ecstasy? The "zone" athletes get into?

The Holy Body Electric?

That sure sounds like fun!

3/9/08 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a school called The Body Electric which teaches men and women to learn how to touch themselves (in every sense of the term, not just a sexual manner). Obviously, it takes its name from Walt Whitman's poetry, from the poem which includes "I sing the body electric..."

The Body Electric School

3/9/08 12:37 PM  
Blogger jm said...

I remember that song! As cheesy as the version was the phrase stays with me.

Conscious ecstasy is right up my street!

The body is everything and It amazes me what a battle the human has with it. But it works so well being the complicated machine it is. That in itself astonishes me. All those moving parts!

3/9/08 2:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yah, joe, I took some workshops with Body Electric back in the 90s.

Yowza!

3/9/08 4:28 PM  

<< Home