Saturday, March 31, 2007

Everland

Sometimes I wish I could get out of here
Take a trip and disappear
Got to think about it, got to stretch my mind
Imagine the place it's a tropical kind.
It's the place of my mind's desire
Deep in the heat, deep in the fire
Yes, it's mind over matter, a matter of mind
I can go there .... almost ... anytime.

In the jungle night
In the jungle night
In the heat of the jungle night
In the heat of the jungle night.


The spotted cat and the jackal too
The diamond back, comin' after you
You've got to watch where you step in the dark night
You've got to watch for the things that bite
There's always something trying to get a piece of you
No matter what you do.
You've got to have a will, yes I say
To keep the evil away


In the jungle night
In the jungle night
In the heat of the jungle night
In the jungle night.

This is part of a jazz-rap trance number, done in a wide variety of rhythms according to my mood. It forms a groove and can go on indefinitely, with lots of room for instrumental improvisation. This type of tune actually leaves people free to do what they want...dance, listen, talk. I kind of enjoy this since it also gives me freedom. I can make it the length I desire, and go just about anywhere.
It's in keeping with my philosophy of escape, when all else fails. Dreams and mind travel. My answer to a lot of life's moments. What to do with this contraption we live in. I'm thankful for that everentertaining mind that's in there with everything else. Some say even our innards have consciousness, but I haven't explored that far yet. But then where does intestinal fortitude come from?
Illustration: K.Y. Craft

5 Comments:

Blogger Tseka said...

love the title! good song! can feel the trance-like quality you describe.


As to the intestinal fortitude, Candace Pert would be the one to ask. She has done a lot of groundbreaking in the area of body intelligence - your gut may know... We have a lot of areas of the body that re-map neurological information we once believed was only located in the brain.

31/3/07 7:23 PM  
Blogger jm said...

This is great tseka! I'll look her up right away. I know this is true. Intelligence is everywhere. I've done some thinking since our talk last night in terms of this and what my senses are telling me. I will pay attention.

The sensations in the chest and gut are so definite in response to stimuli, it can't be any other way.

31/3/07 8:42 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Dr. Pert is great.

For Dr. Pert, the mind is not just in the brain -- it is also in the body. The vehicle that the mind and body use to communicate with each other is the chemistry of emotion

This is it. My obsession explained. I've been studying the mind-body connection forever and she just clarified it. Emotion being the conduit between mind and body. This gives so much significance to the emotional body.

I've been into the receptor factor for a long time. I think relationships are this too. People are there as the receptors for our needs. Everything finds everything through logical chemistry and physics.

She writes that there is a very close correspondence between the highest, most concentrated areas of enrichment of a certain neuropeptides and where the chakras are classically supposed to be --

But, of course.

This is exactly up my street.

31/3/07 9:44 PM  
Blogger Tseka said...

Yes, i first encountered an article by her in the '70s and it was like stepping into my own vision of the truth. Her personal history is something, typical unfortunately, she was ridiculed, then, when they started handing out prizes her department chair put his name on all of her work...The '7o's were hard for women in medicine, in science. We have progressed, not enough.

1/4/07 7:11 AM  
Blogger jm said...

Her personal history is something, typical unfortunately, she was ridiculed, then, when they started handing out prizes her department chair put his name on all of her work.

It's always this way with the advanced. The initial ridicule. My theories are ridiculed, many of them that I haven't spoken about yet.

The stolen recognition would be a personal karmic issue for her. Some get it, some don't.
Women in science will be having a good stretch historically speaking, coming up. But still, the really brilliant and innovative will always be met with resistance. Geniuses are different, though, and they can handle this.

1/4/07 3:45 PM  

<< Home