Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Pluto Transit

Pluto has just entered Joe's 8th house and he expressed some curiosity about the lengthy transit ahead. "What in the world will happen?" A common query. To see what the story is one can look at the 8th house and its planets, the Scorpio Sun, and Pluto in Libra in the 5th. Saturn in Gemini in the first is also a major player, and, of course, the South Node in Cancer.
According to the astrological chart, Joe is likely to be a man of means. Jupiter and the North Node in the 8th in Capricorn indicate spiritual wealth that translates into the material, as long as he refrains from clinging and keeping too much for himself a la Midas. His philosophy of life includes this translation, so it's no wonder that he introduced us to the idea of writing abundance checks on the new moon. Law (Capricorn) of Abundance (Jupiter) is the signer. God as banker, everyone is deserving.
As Pluto proceeds and conjoins his natal Jupiter, this belief will be tested and molded to serve his purposes when Pluto rises to the top of his chart and worldy achievement comes fully into play. His innate understanding of shared moneys is one of his best assets. Jupiter rules his 7th house so shared resources with the current people in his life could be up for study. What exits and what comes in reveal themselves as it progresses. A reckoning in the partnership area can be counted on. I would guess that some people would leave his life in exchange for others entering who more closely match his spiritual desires and love of bonding based on philosophical truths. At the same time his Gemini rising likes the superficial so the difficult juggling act among various types of communication can be mastered. Do we eat eggs, discuss the meaning of the egg, or paint them and transform them into something beyond the ordinary? Major questions to be answered.
The bigger picture and the orchestration of his upcoming experiences center around the Moon in Capricorn in the 9th and what happens in the 8th is a prelude to the culmination when Pluto conjoins Joe's Moon in 2020, along with Jupiter and Saturn, a grand and important moment in his life. He has a long time to prepare, the beauty of Pluto.
Pluto to the Moon involves the steep reduction, sometimes elimination, of the mother's power in the psyche, which can occur before or after the literal death, if at all. Not many people get the conjunction and it's a fine opportunity to advance. A Moon in Capricorn frequently depicts a cold, calculating, and controlling mother even if not apparent. The result in the child is often depression, over-timidity, and a thwarting of achievement on his own terms. The control ended up in the barricade Joe hid behind: his Saturn in the 1st. Now he can master the use of the wall and leave and enter at will as Pluto transits the 8th house, deep in the psyche, to release him from the Moon-Saturn-1st house prison. So the separation written here is from the mother, the past, the family, and so on, old patterns around money being paramount. The details are to be determined. There are many places along the way as Pluto squares his Libra stellium to work on freedom from archaic family habits and the building of solid, equitable, productive relationships, relatively free of childish emotional manipulation. The even bigger factor is the South Node in Cancer. The undertow of the family that he's never been able to shake. Now he can. It's all about Capricorn-Gemini. Speaking up and being taken seriously. Joe has the skills as everyone here knows, and after the transit I would be surprised if a confident, well-spoken man didn't emerge, with influence, respect, and that illusive indefinable commodity -- power. Capricorn 8th is the ultimate in consolidated power.
There is no way this kind of permanent growth can skirt around painful episodes, but most of us have had a lot of practice and are pretty adept. One thing that helps is knowing why and where it's leading. The point centers around his Scorpio 6th Sun and Pluto in Libra, along with Saturn in Gemini. Joe needs a routine that is satisfying, work that is important and transformative, and an ego that gets full expression in the workplace. He also desires relationships that go to the deepest roads in human emotional exchange incorporating the regenerative strength of creativity, indicated by the Pluto 5th. Pluto 5s know they are special, far beyond the pack, but they have to go through the fires before they can prove it. This is what the Pluto transits coming are designed to do, lifting the depression, removing the roadblocks, giving him voice and the ability to impact his environment, broadcasting his quirky sense of humor, and bringing him the wealth and respect he's earned in this incarnation, along with the Pluto 5th's favorite thing. Love, with a good dose of loyalty.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pluto through Joe's Capricorn 8H? Sounds like alchemy of the deepest kind to me...

I, too, am set to experience the Pluto-Moon conjunction and wonder, with trepidation, just how deeply my mother's and my relationship is destined to *die*. I'm crossing my fingers for a profound *rebirth*.

Perhaps, by the time Pluto leaves my Moon, I will have finally freed myself of my birth clan's weight and burden, to find fellowship and identity on foreign shores.

23/12/07 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much to ponder again.

Interesting timing, jm. This evening my mother informed me that after she retires she would like to explore some activity in the area of death and dying. She's already working in a field where there's often-times death or shortened lives. Then I saw this post. Coincidence? You tell me!

I have to think on this some more before I comment on your words.

23/12/07 6:50 PM  
Blogger jm said...

I just got through the Moon-Pluto and this is what happened to me. I attracted a Scorpionic mother figure into my life and worked to get her approval. It never came. I painfully extricated myself, the "death" of my mother, and I doubt I will ever get into another unsolvable power match with a gal again. I am infinitely relieved. My mother is now just my mother and I love her in a way I never ever did. Mothers' power is meant to diminish over time.

I had the strangest flash last week. I thought about her and for the first time I felt the lifting of the burden. I rejoiced that she had died (well before the transit) and was no longer suffering, and that I was really free. I can't quite describe the sensation. The new way I perceived her. In a way, now I have the mother I always wanted.

I've been parted from my past in many many ways and although it was excruciating at times during the process, I feel more free than I ever have and that my destiny is my own.

Our families help us and hinder us both. We can separate when ready and re-unite from the new perspective. Each case is different. One thing, though, is an evolutionary movement way from tribal family bonds and I think we are all feeling a little of this.

It's wonderful if you join with the transits, Very very rewarding.

Perhaps, by the time Pluto leaves my Moon, I will have finally freed myself of my birth clan's weight and burden, to find fellowship and identity on foreign shores.

Ninth, that would be great. I can't help but think you will achieve this because of your awareness and desire.

Incredibly beautiful moon tonight in Colorado.

23/12/07 7:43 PM  
Blogger jm said...

It's really big. Large forces for the little human.

When we're born our survival depends on her and a might sucking motion binds us. After time, the sucking continues but we have to move away. The animals know this, but humans are evolutionarily confused. Eventually the sucking threatens to smother us and this is the beauty of the Pluto(survival) transit. To free ourselves from the bond we no longer need and create the bond we want. It's amazing.

We always need our mothers and they need us. The ideal separation is a magic act.

23/12/07 7:52 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Ninth.
I've never seen a chart that understands the meaning of home as much as yours does. That's why your comment on my 4th house was so universal and true. It hit home completely. I knew you knew. You're destined to find it within yourself and this transit is crucial. You'll eventually see how your family and past were instrumental in you finding your destination. When you do, you'll be able to live anywhere. But you already know all of this.

23/12/07 8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was worried years before Pluto made a conjunction to my moon in 1995. What ended up happening was, I moved across the Atlantic Ocean, threw out everything i had, got married, got pregnant on the first try and had a child whose Pluto of course is conjunct my moon. So even if you are a guy I think you can imagine that with the conjunction in a spiritual or abstract way, you create a child whose Pluto is conjunct your moon and you live a very intense lovely deep and authentic life together

24/12/07 4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to all for your wise and very helpful comments. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

24/12/07 7:17 AM  
Blogger Diane L said...

Fabulous take on Joe's chart, jm!! I agree he is one of the good ones. . . :-)

24/12/07 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll try not to get too much of a swelled ego, Neith. :o)

Where to start, jm? First, I thought Pluto already is in my 8th, at 28 Sag 51', according to Astrodienst. Some effects have begun to make themselves known, such as the reckoning in the arena of partnership.

Do we eat eggs, discuss the meaning of the egg, or paint them and transform them into something beyond the ordinary? Major questions to be answered.

LOL, esp when they get broken!

I would guess that some people would leave his life in exchange for others entering who more closely match his spiritual desires and love of bonding based on philosophical truths.

As they say, "A finger in every pie." Not so much anymore. I've been eliminating them one by one and turning more to deeper interactions with individuals who cross my path. A lot of remarkable people have shown up along the way.

Now he can master the use of the wall and leave and enter at will as Pluto transits the 8th house, deep in the psyche, to release him from the Moon-Saturn-1st house prison.

Correct. This, too, is already beginning to happen.

Regardless of what happens, even unto death, I think I'm at the doorstep of the time in life I've been waiting for.

24/12/07 9:45 AM  
Blogger jm said...

I think you can imagine that with the conjunction in a spiritual or abstract way, you create a child whose Pluto is conjunct your moon and you live a very intense lovely deep and authentic life together

I never though of this, combining, and it's very interesting. I'm going to give it more thought since I've had so much happen with the years of Pluto. I do think we mold our emotional bodies in a new way, after giving birth to ourselves.

moved across the Atlantic Ocean, threw out everything i had

24/12/07 3:00 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Neith, anything you can add would be great. Joe is leaving the blinding dark, that's for sure.

Joe, you're right about the house. Will change.

Regardless of what happens, even unto death, I think I'm at the doorstep of the time in life I've been waiting for.

I agree and what an amazing turn of events that you discovered astrology to accompany you now. As I've said before, your grasp and usage are the best, Capricorn is all about using things so there is a new universe ahead as Jupiter (ruling divine connection) is transited first by Pluto. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of synchronicity and on-hands experience with the god-figure came in. The conjunction in 2020 is out of this world! Or entirely in it.:-). It's going to oppose my Sun.

I had a brilliant insight while doing your chart and it's changed my thinking. The wall. I used to think the wall needed to come down, but it suddenly dawned on me that the wall can stay exactly in place and be used instead. As a supporting inner structure. This will affect my own relationship with my Saturn. Your descriptions of your experiences with Saturn have been enlightening.

You're already influencing the world!

24/12/07 3:13 PM  
Blogger jm said...

I've been eliminating them one by one and turning more to deeper interactions with individuals who cross my path. A lot of remarkable people have shown up along the way.

The story of your life and the basic Capricorn square to Libra.

The 2020 conjunction will also square your Mars-Uranus in Libra. It will be amazing to look back then. This time is critical as the beginning of the change, the new consciousness. So much ahead.

Already the Pluto Jupiter has worked. Astrologers in your life!

Another basic thing is that Pluto just re-did your 7th so you are completely ready now for the expansion in relationship.

24/12/07 3:21 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Ninth, thank you too. I always get a feeling of comfort when you come. All that Cancer.

24/12/07 3:59 PM  

<< Home