Monday, May 12, 2008

Dr.Merton Picklebee Has Returned

My dear and lovely friends. It's so good to be back. Lots of exciting things going on.
As you might know, I recently returned from K2 in the Himalayas where I was studying the mating habits of the praying mantis native to that region. It was absolutely fascinating. As a result, I've started a new study of the born again evangelical white praying mantis of American Appalachia. We don't know yet if they are albino or some other aberration. My esteemed associate Dr. Violet Whethervane, an expert in the field, will be joining me, so it promises to be an educational as well as a highly enjoyable experience.
What a country! Really good to be back!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear there's a subspecies of this bug over in Texas, also evangelical and white, but the mating song is slower and more drawling, so I understand...

12/5/08 4:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The variant here in Southern Indiana is puzzling in its behavior, you don't know whether to say "aaawwww" or "eeewwwww."

12/5/08 2:48 PM  
Blogger jm said...

LOL!! The Indiana variant!

They're often puzzling which is why the study is so important.

12/5/08 4:10 PM  

<< Home