Thursday, May 01, 2008

The Magic Trick

There'll be a few more snows but spring is just about to burst into full bloom here in the Rockies, and I'm ready to say good-by to another winter. I'm also saying good-by to something else I can't quite put my finger on yet. I do feel I'm revisiting the magic I've always counted on. The awareness of the overall grace of living within the context of the up and down horrors of everyday events. Sometimes It's like I'm a ball caught in a game of catch. The mundane grabs me or the spiritual and philosophical catapult me into a broader dimension. I think with Pluto in Capricorn the earth might get its big chance. Just as long as an occasional toss into the cosmos comes my way, I'll do well. Looking forward to spring. Though the 4:00 AM robins are getting a little annoying.
California Black Oaks Ahwahnee Meadow: Ansel Adams

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also saying good-by to something else I can't quite put my finger on yet.

I have had this same feeling for a few days but it's so nebulous and fleeting that I can't quite grasp it.

I'm ready for some stability, is all I can say.

2/5/08 5:58 AM  
Blogger m.p.k. said...

The last few months have been amazing for me. I've been able to let go a number of spatial illusions I've been harboring since childhood. I've finally seen thru them. Along with the letting go, I've been gaining extraordinary physical prowess. Several yoga asanas I've been unable to do but have been working on for several years have finally clicked into place.

2/5/08 10:24 AM  
Blogger m.p.k. said...

I'm always amused by the level of synchonicity hitting everywhere around things. Along with letting go the visual\spatial limitations... (this must be something from Neptune) my old camera croaked while still under service plan and was replaced with a new model with a greatly enhanced zoom lens.

2/5/08 10:29 AM  
Blogger m.p.k. said...

omigod... I almost forgot. I also went to the eye doctor for the first time in over 5 years. My vision (I am near-sighted) had actually improved so my prescription was lowered...

2/5/08 10:35 AM  
Blogger jm said...

Omigod is right! I can't believe this, speaking of the level of synchronicity. A turning wheel behind everything in my life lately has been the deterioration of my far vision, which is a normal occurrence after 10 years without a new prescription. But I keep thinking a miracle could also occur and that the downturn could halt or even reverse to some extent. "They" say no at my age, but your info, mpk, leads me to believe I could be right. This is amazing. It just takes a clear step into the future. Can do. Change, an' all.

2/5/08 9:47 PM  

<< Home