Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Cure

My remedy for all ills, is tomato sauce. So deep is my feeling for this creation, so complete my comfort, so satisfied my soul, that I'm convinced I was Italian in a recent lifetime.
As a matter of fact, I think I was an aspiring opera singer then, but got saddled in an ordinary life bearing seven children. So this incarnation seems to be my chance at achieving this never forgotten goal, although as a jazz singer instead. Never too late. And a better choice, practically speaking.
I cook these herb packed potions from scratch and the power is consistent, the satisfaction guaranteed everytime. The only thing I don't like is when the sauce spits in my face when I open the lid for stirring. I don't take it personally though. I love the stuff. It's the Mediterranean in me. And I need to keep my voice strong. Love the color too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane L said...

Love a good tomato sauce! When the garden is full of ripe Roma tomatoes, I make a sauce w/diced fresh Roma, seasonings, lots of garlic, extra virgin olive oil and simmered gently. This year I spent about 2 months cooking down & canning tomato sauce/paste for the winter months. Some point along the line, I will probably try my hand at making homemade pasta . . . :-)

18/10/06 10:02 AM  
Blogger jm said...

This year I spent about 2 months cooking down & canning tomato sauce/paste for the winter months.

There's such a real satisfaction in providing your own food like this. Simple and powerful.

18/10/06 2:43 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Here's a good quote from Goethe:

Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.

Tomatoes are like this. Fruits and vegetables in general. They stick out in a natural bold way with no threat. The boldness of color, shape and vitality. A lot of joy in them. Even the banana!

18/10/06 2:54 PM  

<< Home