Monday, November 20, 2006

A Toast to Uranus Direct!

My friend Mitzi and I are going out for drinks and fun tonight. This is one gal you'd love!
Sun and Venus in Sagittarius. Moon/Uranus conjunction in Leo. Gemini Rising.
I met her at a Foods of the World charity event benefiting Third World children in Asia and Africa, and we've been best of friends ever since. I see her whenever she's in the country and she has lots of exciting tales to tell about her adventures around the globe. She's got a new beau in Iceland and I'm waiting to hear all about him.
I told her I couldn't stand her stockings, being the prude I am, so in a moment of generosity, she told me she wouldn't wear them tonight. I love her! 

3 Comments:

Blogger JoannaOregon said...

Well... and those boots might be considered a little strange in their flapping state. Why put them on if one doesn't quite put them on. Why pretend to be effective when one could truly be effective. Anyway, no accounting for taste.

20/11/06 3:22 PM  
Blogger jm said...

That's a riot Joanna! She is in fact a flapper!

Now that was one wild statement in women's fashion history.

Why pretend to be effective when one could truly be effective

Good question. Maybe the pretense is because true effectiveness is limited for everyone. It's a vast universe we try to influence.

20/11/06 3:27 PM  
Blogger jm said...

The flappers represented a break from restraint, and they overdid it in every way. The unbuckled galoshes were probably part of that freedom and as usual, it backfires into continued restriction. Can't walk far in those, just as high heels restrict forward motion, but they create an adored image.

I'm fascinated with the shoe. The ones now are not feminine by and large with the thick heels and soles. Frankenstinian. Then at the same time, the perfectly comfortable athletic shoe is widely worn. I wonder what's next.

20/11/06 3:33 PM  

<< Home