Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The World is My Oyster

Or it will be when the Pluto, Saturn, Jupiter conjunction in my 10th house in Capricorn opposes my Sun. 13 years. Just enough time to get ready. The culmination of my life's work. The climb starts now.
In 1972 I lived in New Orleans, one of the worst experiences of my life. Racial tension, heat, and the stench of discarded oyster shells. But within this putrid environment, I started playing the piano and writing songs seriously, not just Hallmark card poetic musings. I started saying what I really wanted to say. I left New Orleans as soon as possible and embarked on a lifetime voyage of creative expression.
Pluto was conjuct my Mars at the time, in this most harrowing period of my life, and I often wonder just how much hell is required to create artistic heaven. Probably any amount. It's all cumulative. One thing I aspire to as an artist is to suggest the pain of living, and not overtly capitalize on it, even though the public prefers this. I'm pretty sure the public will not dictate to me how to express myself. It will be interesting to see when that mighty conjunction tops my Sun in the 4th.
Very very shortly, Pluto will square my Mars, unleashing all my strength to prepare for this journey to the top of the world. How much hell will be required this time?
We shall see. The last aspect was all in Libra. Approval. Pleasing. Shrinking and subduing, if need be, and then, of course, exploding. But this time, the discipline and self control of Capricorn will be involved. Will it make a difference? I'll bet the ranch on it.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tseka said...

I vote for now. !3 years unuh, too long a wait. With Pluto having just visited your moon jup and jupiter expanding those energies...Saturn |Saturn trine the whole thing it may not be oysters on the half shell but something a bit more spicy with all the fire for your asc to use.

I mean do you really like oysters anyway????? C'mon jm you is HOT!

3/7/07 5:46 PM  
Blogger jm said...

No.

13 years is just right.

3/7/07 5:58 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Some things are in the cards.

This is how it will go.

I will be performing on a limited basis when Saturn gets to my 6th house shortly. I have several years of editing to do on my 40 year body of work. This will take place when Saturn is in Virgo. The costumes will also receive attention at this time.

When Saturn goes into Libra, I will conquer once and for all the need to please others excessively.

When Saturn goes into Scorpio....well.

When Saturn transits Sagittarius, it will sufficiently cool my fire so's I can really get something done.

When Saturn gets to the top, there I am.

All in beautiful orchestration. As a musician with plus perfect rhythm, I'm in accord.

No argument.

3/7/07 6:14 PM  
Blogger jm said...

I believe the word for it is strategy.

Something an Aries knows.

A plan or technique for achieving some end.

Pluto in Capricorn.

3/7/07 6:20 PM  
Blogger Tseka said...

It is just my own desire speaking jm, one in the audience who would like to hear your songs go out into the world.

Saturn in the 6th. He is leaving mine soon. It does have it's moments.

3/7/07 6:52 PM  
Blogger Nathan Kibler said...

And Uranus is likely to throw in quite a few "monkeywrench" lessons along the way...

I'm all for strategizing and 13 is a lovely number especially when it is paired with twenty, but I have to agree with Tseka, now is when it happens!

3/7/07 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey jm, I've been away on what feels like a kind of odyssey, though it was with friends and family, through the mountains of Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho and a little bit of Montana. It all feels good but also slightly disturbing as some of my conceptions about my life felt a little shook up.
Anyhow, just wanted to express my appreciation for your always interesting words and perspectives. I learned so much from your comments about the ascendant. I remember an astrologer once (a long time ago) telling me that the planet at the midheaven is something we aspire to -- or that is central to our lives --maybe because it is at the top of the chart. I'm curious about your thoughts on this.

3/7/07 8:33 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Well, who knows?

Juju, how wonderful. I thought about you especially in the last few days.

The Midheaven and planets? Yes exactly. What we aspire to. At least in public presentation. This is the culmination of our efforts to achieve recognition and respect.

It's interesting. Now holds everything one needs at the moment, but goals in an incarnation are another aspect. Something to look forward to. Something to develop.

I've seen it often where talented people have rushed to the top, easy in the music business, and after a couple of CDs, the spark is gone. That's OK. They probably have other things to achieve. Or they start overdoing. You know, like folkies who start trying to rock 'n roll. But I plan to be there with autonomy. No clownishness and audience pandering. Maybe some good comedy.
The spotlight is like fluid that you become immersed in. It's best to desire it to the maximum, not be afraid, and feel at home.

It all feels good but also slightly disturbing as some of my conceptions about my life felt a little shook up.

I'm all ears. Great to have you back from the odyssey

4/7/07 3:11 AM  

<< Home