Monday, January 05, 2009

Collective Evolution


Journeying the Airwaves
Jupiter in Aquarius
Hopes are high now that Aquarius has welcomed Jupiter, the planet of journeys far and wide, into the land of the collective mind. Even some of the Gloomers have turned Pollyanna-ish, a remarkable development indeed. But since Uranus likes to throw curves into the high and dry, some of us devoted Pollyannas have reversed our opinions somewhat. I'm no longer either an optimist or a pessimist. I'm a born again Ambiguist.
The puzzles of earthly life are now my main interest and the puzzling question of the evolutionary shift being tossed about in mystical circles has caught my attention. Spheres have been drawn, charts erected, lines followed, and voodoo-esque incantations uttered in hopes of mapping the future of mankind. I know I can be critical, but a solitary human thinking it has the answer to this question is presumptuous to say the least. Mars-Pluto and Venus-Neptune are even limited in their scope and ability. But nonetheless, the natural buoyancy of Jupiter is bound to enliven ideas of future collective possibilty, if not inflate them quite noticeably.
It's true that change has arrived. It does every day. There is a new administration in the American government and a departure from what society thinks was bad. Society thinks this is good. But here's the problem....
The present future is usually a continuation of the recent present. With minor variations. Aquarius is futuristic but emotionally unattached, so the terrible fears of good times versus bad are irrelevant.
Say, for example, Aquarius brings advances in energy technology. Excellent. But is this necessarily good? Will alternative energy sources solve our problems or will they continue to mask our fundamental habit of over-consuming? Too soon to tell. The important thing to realize is that all planetary aspects are multi-faceted. Thinking in simple good and bad terms doesn't work too well, especially in airy, unemotional Aquarius.
But here's the real crux in terms of advancement. People are celebrating the end of the last administration, continuing to pit the nasty guys against the nice guys, and arrogantly assuming they are good, since they aren't elite rulers. I have never known the commoners to be any better in all of history. The petty crimes all add up to the major crimes. If the rulers are punished, banished, or strung up and quartered as so many would like, is that really evolution? Real evolution includes everyone. The dreamy inclusion so favored these days takes the bad along. The evil among us who represent the shadowy aspects of human nature can't be left behind for genuine progress to occur. And Pluto newly in Capricorn has many miles to cover exposing the shadows lurking in our systems. The human race has to accept all parts of its nature. If you try to make them go away, they return in another form. Sometimes Aquarius at its best does fairly well with this understanding of the complexity of human machinations. How to incorporate the parts of our own selves that bedevil us is a great achievement by all standards. Social evolution remains at a virtual standstill as long as one group acts as if superior to another and fails to see some of itself and some valuable knowledge in the chosen enemy.
Meanwhile, as evolution decides if or how it's going to shift, the Aquarian energy is bound to excite freedom with its love of unbonded relationships (Scorpionics beware), and expanded social circles. Aquarius loves friendships based on shared ideas and interests. The chess club of the cosmos. Knowledge is king.
May I suggest you get your facts straight, though. Uranus is supposed to be responsible for lightning. Then I thought Jupiter was. Well they can work on it together as insights come flashing through the ethers and explode in the collective brain. Enlightenment? One can hope. It's Jupiter after all. And we seem to be on track. Or it does.

7 Comments:

Blogger m.p.k said...

I'm wondering where this guy is going to land with this board. I don't see any snow anywhere!

5/1/09 1:43 PM  
Blogger jm said...

There are are miles to cover before the landing strip is reached!

5/1/09 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope something good comes out of this Jupiter Return for me. Its in the 2nd house and talking to all my Sadge placements and Libra MC... I'm hoping for some vast improvements!

5/1/09 7:00 PM  
Blogger jm said...

With Sadge you don't need that much improvement!

I've found that Jupiter returns are overrated, Janelle, and I was going to discuss this little fact. Jupiter is not necessarily good, although usually some bennies come. Vast improvements might be asking too much but here's the thing.

Jupiter through the second can bring an increase in finances or commodities or it might not. The ideal is to be content with what you possess and Jupiter can bring that.

Libra MC wants great relationships but that might come slowly.

I'm always optimistic but now with Pluto in Capricorn I've been crusading a little bit against wishes for vast improvements right away in general. People are very hopeful now as it should be, but soon the usual ups and downs will re-assert themselves, and they'll realize that the whole thing is a journey full of all flavors of experience.

Jupiter just crossed my 10th and there were no vast improvements there but I have a few degrees left!

None of my Jupiter returns have been that remarkable, but I have a Moon-Jupiter conjunction in Sagittarius so life is OK as is. It has to be. Any improvements are welcome, of course. Jupiter at best brings a philosophical approach to whatever it's dealing with, and that's pure joy.

5/1/09 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all the earth placements in 2008 left me feeling very brittle and dried out, which I probably need from time to time since the only earth I have in my chart is my Capricorn Neptune which is being hit with Pluto anyway. Lol... A little reprieve would be nice, a little sparkle, a little light at the end of this stupid tunnel.

I am looking to do a little career switching and I'd like it to be prosperous... us grad students need a little prosperity from time to time. So maybe not a vast improvement but I'd just like Jupiter to throw a little glitter at me... just for fun, just to say... hey kid, I haven't forgotten you!

6/1/09 6:54 PM  
Blogger jm said...

I know what you mean. I have no earth. I don't do well with it.

I don't think that's too much to ask of Jupiter! Often people get a boost in finances with Jupiter through the second. A good job.

People are starting to worry about jobs, but good ones will still be available. The financial crunch is getting serious everywhere. Your generation is a little gloomy about career prospects compared to the way mine was, but now is a good time to look for something better with Jupiter there.

6/1/09 10:17 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Janelle, you reminded me of something. While Joop has been in my 10th I applied for jobs, one of which I was particularly interested in, but wasn't supposed to materialize until February. As usual, I just said, "Aw, to hell with it." and forgot about it. I hope I get it!! Me and you nonearthlings together.

7/1/09 12:40 AM  

<< Home