Saturday, March 03, 2007

Why Diddle With a Good Thing?

Medium tempo

All this change, everywhere I see

Foolin' everybody, but it can't fool me
Taunting ....... tantalizing me
I say why, oh why, diddle with a good thing?

I thought I'd rearrange the living room
Push that table back and bring out the broom
Clean it up, straighten up, change everything around
But then why, why diddle with a good thing?

The forces of change, diddle with me
Make me dissatisfied with the things that be
If something is working right I don't really see
Why diddle with a good thing?

My next door neighbor is moving up
She tried to dump, dump some stuff on me
A dirty toaster, and a beat-up chair
She just wants them out of her hair.

I got a little toaster, of my own
In my little oven, I love my little oven
It toasts my bread, and a whole lot more
So why, why diddle with a good thing?

Yeah, the forces of change always fiddle with me
Irritating my brain. Constantly.
If something is working right, I don't really see
Why diddle with a good thing?

My heart is warm, my feet are hot
My body's ready, my body's ready now
Everybody ..... to thump and sing
Don't stop me now, in the middle of a good thing
Why, diddle with a good thing?
Bum. Bum. Bumditteeebump ...............

Jm. Incus, Malleus, and stapes, Inc. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why indeed? Be happy.

Astrid

3/3/07 5:01 AM  
Blogger jm said...

Astrid! Great suggestion!

3/3/07 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Why Diddle With a Good Thing?"

Does that mean I have to stop diddling with ~myself~??

:-P

3/3/07 1:34 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Very funny Jane!!!

The SN rides again!

3/3/07 1:54 PM  

<< Home