Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Welcome Gemini!!

Gemini is my favorite sign. I always refer to my Gemini friends as cupcakes and my affection for them never ceases. I love the lightness of spirit, the curiosity, the quickness, agility, intelligence, aliveness, and enjoyment of communication. The fun and frolic. Every single one of my best girl friends in my early years was a Gemini. Even my Saturnian somber unhappy one in Santa Fe, New Mexico, was a joyous addition to my days with our afternoon desert chats. She guided me to one of the most unusual houses I ever lived in. Met her in ballet class. She's a brilliant architectural historian. Texan.

Some people bemoan the not always straightforward honesty of these sociable people, and their opportunism, but I don't mind. I can get the truth out of them. The sign reminds me of my school years. I didn't care for the cliques and gossip but I loved my teachers, and still think about them to this day. Miss Longo and Mr Burns, English and Advanced Biology, especially. Mr. Koons, my politically uptight Conservative World History teacher, is memorable too. We loved him anyway.
The Sun in Gemini will activate all the Sagittarius-Pisces mutable planets for the next month. The axis of hope and despair will be busy see-sawing all of us as we continue to grope blindly through this passage of lost leadership and confusing lack of direction. Fortunately Gemini is quick to adapt, and also not terribly judgemental. It'll work out and we can enjoy some light moments as it does. The Venus in Cancer transit has increased intimacy in Blogland, and people have been sharing their feelings quite a bit. This will continue as Mercury, the ruler of Gemini, will go retrograde soon in Cancer. So keep the tissues handy and be ready to laugh, too, as the brother-sisterly relationships with the emotional exchanges ahead rule the days.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I with you jm, Gemini, gotta love 'em! My best friend from High school opposite my merc. She and i still complete each other's sentences. And we are wildly different.

Both of my parents are Gemini. They are my treasures. My mother's birthday is this week. I commissioned a sculptor friend to create metal lizard on a perfect stone from the desert. It turned out so fab i'm thinking my father should have one as well....They both have oodles of creativity and are gardeners extraordinaire

22/5/07 8:09 PM  
Blogger Tseka said...

Now isnt that odd
i note that tseka did not get picked up as the checked identity hmmm
let's see what happens this time

22/5/07 8:44 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Two Gem parents!!!! You have a Gemini 4th house, though. Makes perfect sense.
What a great gift, the lizard.
Gemini is already acting crazy with Blogger. The vagaries are coming!

23/5/07 2:38 AM  
Blogger R Kamal said...

nice topic...my zodiac sign is Gemini too :)

23/5/07 3:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's amusing, indeed! :o) And the headline alone is priceless.

23/5/07 4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy for Fernando and Carlos!

kj

23/5/07 4:39 AM  
Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

I laughed when I saw that story! I can't wait to see what my gay sister and her partner, who are raising a son, have to say about this.

I have a life long buddy that is Gemini. He is always the life of the party, and everyone knows him. I can say this, he is the most loyal friend that anyone could ever dream of. A true friend. Those are rare to say the least.

Hiya KJ. How are things with you? Hope all is well with you and the Mr.

23/5/07 8:34 AM  
Blogger jm said...

Greetings from across the oceans, kamal!!
Welcome to raging Universe!

Delightful blog. Very Gemini.

23/5/07 1:48 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Donnie! Gay sister-mother??? Now you tell me. This Cancer stuff is definitely bringing us closer.

I have so many Gem friends I can't count them. The main one in my life now, is a heavyweight though. Lots of Cancer and Scorpio. Not quite as light as some. He's a gold mine of information with his Scorpio detectiveness and loves the Internet, of course.

One of my favs was a German Gemini I met in Katmandu, Nepal. He used to do pantomime for me from across the plaza in his turquoise silk suit and gold prayer scarf.

One amusing theing about some of the others is their quickness to call themselves experts in a subject. One week of study and they're writing columns. They are quick, though.

23/5/07 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Donnie!

All is well, me 'n the Mr. are back in our old home, that's been a great balm. Hope Grandma is doing okay, give her my best, please!

~kj

23/5/07 5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a gold mine of information with his Scorpio detectiveness and loves the Internet, of course.

*snicker* :o) Are they all natal Gems or are some of them Gem ASC?

23/5/07 6:42 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Joe, how funny. I just had a conversation with him tonight. He's adamantly against astrology, but his Gemini curiosity gets the best of him and he listens to me. Makes me laugh.

Both Suns and ASC. The ASCs actually are the most representative of the characteristics, moreso as they age. Often a lightening up will come later. Moons in Gemini are really fun. I have a 3 planet Capricorn friend, Saturn included, and she's largely a goofball with her Gem Moon. A serious goofball.

23/5/07 11:59 PM  
Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

KJ,

Grandma is still going strong. She will be 82 in November. She still drives around town, and is still full of spirit. She is funny as they come. A couple of weeks ago, she called me at the break of dawn to tell me her TV was messed up. She hit the wrong button, and was worried she would miss her soaps. I was at work when she called me, and I got off at 8 in the morn.

She just had to cook something before I got there. You know I had to accept it! She had coffee and food ready, and I was not allowed to look at her TV till I had eaten! Those Grandmas are something else. I often mention the ones I know on the net, and she talks about how nice it is to have friends. She says to tell them hi and to behave. LOL!

I tell her, Grandma, you remember the ones on the computer that liked you so much? They asked how you are doing. The half English and half French reply soon comes. Hilarious, she has a sharp mind, and remembers all of you, and still stops long enough to see if I remember what it was she said in French. Like I said, hilarious! This old woman stops to see if my mind is up to par! She's a hoot! Remind me to tell you of the story she had to tell about a woman on Jerry Springer of all things. OMG! She watched Jerry!

24/5/07 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Donnie, what a gift to have a Grandma like yous. :-) So strong and centered in her world, despite Katrina. I missed knowning one of Grandmas completely, and only knew the other one for a bit. I love Grandma stories, because Grannies are the heart and soul of the human race. Tell her I'm behaving. All nice and proper with only a few stray wild hairs.

hugs,
kj

25/5/07 3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and of course she watches Jerry Springer! I would expect no less!

:-)
kj

25/5/07 3:54 AM  

<< Home