Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hope and Illusion

All hope is illusion. It's based on other-worldly aspirations. Imagined dimensions. Hope is currently being discussed at length here and there, and I've observed that some are expressing a bit of fear and doubt. Completely natural. It provides the perfect ballast to keep the others from floating away and disappearing.
I'm an Aries rising with no earth and my ruling planet, Mars is conjunct Neptune, with bales of Jupiter everywhere. My whole life has been laced with illusion. I'm an artist. It's the primary ingredient on my palette and as nourishing as real food. Do my dreams come true? Of course not. They're not supposed to. Does it keep me from spinning the tall tale again and again? Hasn't yet. The dream, itself, is the end result. "The bubble vill(she was Hungarian) burst", my mother used to say. I really don't know if it has or it hasn't.
I don't know to how explain it but experts in living dreams don't even think of them becoming reality. The fact of the matter is .... every waking moment has some illusory hope in it contributing the elements of grace, beauty, extra-sensory perception, longing, and a certain divine yardstick that exists in the human mind.
The longing for a better life is universal and no matter how much people fear disappointment, hope continues. Promises are made. How much one builds upon it is personal preference. If it helps to cling to despair then that's what one should do even if the crowd is leaping up to the mountaintop. If hope is the next stepping stone, then that's just as workable.
To be completely honest with you, in my not so limited experience, and with a tendency toward inflated optimism, I've found that some things work out pretty much as expected, since realism always accompanies illusion. Some things work out worse than hoped. And sometimes experience exceeds expectations. It can't be predicted and that's exactly what keeps people hoping. Being well versed in this exercise, I never expect reality to be what I dream it to be. It already contains part of the idea anyway. That's exactly enough.
Hope really has nothing to do with reality. It's just a thing. A feeling. Take it or leave it. Not a terribly big deal. And disappointment really isn't so disappointing if I look at it logically. It gives me the opportunity to hope again. A pleasure I often enjoy.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have no earth in my chart, but I have a lot of pot plants in my room instead. Have you ever heard of Abraham-Hicks channeled materials? A book "Ask And It Is Given" is a wonderful read.

29/1/08 2:48 PM  
Blogger jm said...

LOL, kritusi!!!

A few years ago my town completely legalized pot and last year they voted to make the state and federal laws against it the lowest priority. The state is an indicator of future trends so I'm wondering. The tax base would be phenomenal and a fantastic solution to some of the economic woes.

I'll see if I can find Abraham in the library tonight.

29/1/08 3:34 PM  
Blogger Tseka said...

All hope is illusion.

But then a case can also be made for all reality is illusion too.

Never a dull moment...

29/1/08 5:20 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Hey there!!! St.B her sweet self.

But then a case can also be made for all reality is illusion too.

I have found this to be so.

And I asked for a dull moment! How silly of me.

29/1/08 5:27 PM  
Blogger Tseka said...

Left an update on my bro on MLK b'day post.

Talk about a Saturn return! and a solar return.

Hope, illusion, reality who can tell anymore which it the root of the others.

29/1/08 5:39 PM  
Blogger Tseka said...

This St b is not tooooo sweet. Certainly in the "day old" bin.

Came home to the whopper of all storms - we were the only plane that landed all day. Had to ford little creeks all the way home in zero visibility. Got here to find puddles on the living room floor. Ick. Then power went out for a day. Had to re do my computers (had to be mercury) as of course the retrograde is go.

And all i wanted was a good cup of coffee and a slice of toast.

Still my good friend called to report on the epic of getting the neighbor's trampoline and stand off their roof.

I decided as i settled next to my wood stove with happy cats that the only failure was an easy one - just keep some coffee ground in the fridge.

How goes in CO?

29/1/08 5:46 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Hope, illusion, reality who can tell anymore which it the root of the others.

No one ever could. Time to stop trying for me.

Got here to find puddles on the living room floor. Ick.

Oh I hate that one. The flood in my Colorado Springs house after a trip made me listen to violin strings all night on the radio in the dark. Was I ever depressed.

The good thing about storms is that they relieve pressure. Glad you're back and safe.

29/1/08 5:58 PM  
Blogger jm said...

After reading about your brother I am going out into the night with joy. The minor pains are all worth it. My flood even looks mild in retrospect. We do, we give, we wait, we receive.

29/1/08 6:06 PM  
Blogger jm said...

It certainly goes together with all this brotherhood in the Gemini air lately.

29/1/08 6:08 PM  
Blogger jm said...

In 1966, as a Freshman at the University of Wisconsin, I had my first experience with one of the giant plants of all time -- cannabis. It was with one of my many platonic boyfriends and I entered one of the funniest spaces I'd ever encountered. Part laughter, but beyond. Unforgettable. Joyful.

We ordered a pizza but then decided to step out and I remember being concerned about the delivery guy. So I wrote a note and I swear I was being channeled by a child.

"Dear Mr. Pizza Man", I wrote in the letters of a 5-year old at most. Then explained the reason for not receiving him properly. It was hilarious and touching. What a plant.

30/1/08 2:58 AM  
Blogger Don said...

jm - cycling thru hope and fear is very familiar territory for me as well . but with Uranus closing in opposition to my Sun , along with the mars pluto opposition - there is an occasional stumbling out of illusion that accompanies detachment and inaction around both emotions. they do have their way with me - but dissipate when not fed by a response. and then an emptiness follows - but it somehow is full with potentials, inspirations, and effects way beyond my hopes and fears.

time to stop trying as you say.....

30/1/08 6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, hahaha, didn't realise it sounded like I had a lot of weed plants in my room, hahahaha, though it sounded so cool I wish it were true... I meant flowers that grow in pots with little earth in them instead of vazes or fake ones. My damn ambiguity lol.
Here's their website:http://www.abraham-hicks.com/

Moon is in Scorpio, so I'm making comments!!!

30/1/08 1:59 PM  

<< Home