Friday, November 28, 2008

Sanctuary


Choices
Today while waking up with my cup of coffee and three pieces of bread, I sat contemplating the mountains in the distance from my favorite living room chair. Actually it's my music studio and my dining room is my living room. I have too many creative projects for a normal house. It's a beautiful calm sunny day here in Denver.
I've decided to cut back on the consumption of news, since being aware is usually enough and we have choice when it comes to what we take into our systems from moment to moment. Sometimes events become impossible to bypass and that choice flees for a second, but it always returns. People connect to whatever stories their individual systems need and desire. And there is probably as much goods news as bad at any given time. We can sustain our own islands of peace within the chaos of existence.
But what surprised me this Thanksgiving was the expression of sincere gratitude and a certain glimmer of tranquility within the normally tumultuous world events and the reality of financial loss. It makes me wonder if the value system isn't already showing the early signs of change. Bloggers who formerly hooked onto pain and despair decided to sit back and enjoy something as yet unnamed, I think. Even the conspiracy theories seem to be falling flat. It truly is hard to tell what's going on, the most liberating truth I've routinely found. The sanctuary of not-knowing. The freedom of choice.
The New Moon in Sagittarius with excitable Mars and Mercury seeing Pluto out the door was spirited, unrestrained in part, and volatile as expected. But on the other hand a sedate and gorgeous Venus-Jupiter conjunction in Capricorn seeing Pluto in is providing another perspective on current events. Mars, as you know, likes war, and Venus prefers peace. Jupiter swings both ways, exaggerating what he touches, but for the moment he's decided to ride with contentment. Capricorn has serious things to consider, so Mars and them can do what they will, peace is prevailing on my mountain. I figure that the best I can do in a vast and sometimes violent world is reinforce the part I wish to elevate. Venus conjunct Jupiter is with me on that. Trine Saturn I might add.
Zion National Park, Utah.Dennis Frates

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm still around reading you. These last few weeks I had a silent desire to just thank you for keeping putting all this writing out here.

I truly enjoy quite a number of "golden moments" in your thought flows disguised as sentences :)

It's refreshing.

28/11/08 6:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Where is this valley in your post picture, jm?

It's gaw-juss.

28/11/08 9:04 PM  
Blogger jm said...

That's great.

thought flows disguised as sentences

Somewhere in Zion Canyon National Park, yesh. Utah. It's amazing how much wide open space there is, not ruined by us. I just saw a film called Firefly Dreams shot in some of the most achingly beautiful, relatively unharmed land I've ever seen. Central Japan.

28/11/08 11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hope is that everyone has clear skies for tomorrow evening's show in the southwestern horizon. It will be visible almost everywhere in the northern hemisphere.

More info here

30/11/08 1:45 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Ooooh, nice.
I'm drinking it in.

30/11/08 7:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We haz cloud cover here.

:-(

1/12/08 6:28 PM  
Blogger jm said...

There are so many pockets of experience, nooks and crannies, and good and bad all together. It always comes back to my receptor theory and that we're all electrochemical blobs looking for the right reaction that suits us. A giant chemistry lab.

My Venus-Uranus conjunction is in the most pivotal spot of my chart, in the 3rd house of the immediate environment, so I seek beauty in my surroundings. It opposes my Moon/Jupiter.

Tonight on my business rounds, the rooms looked especially beautiful. One in particular is one I've had my eye on for many years, but the music was always wrong. Tonight I checked it out yet again and the minute I walked in the most gorgeous music entered my ears and embraced my body. The place has been remodeled slightly, the pool table gone, and the colors also were beautiful. glowing orange lights and sand colored furniture. So elegant and graceful. I didn't want to leave. People were unusually receptive and kind as well. Venus can be alluring.

I immediately decided to send them a tape but it will be interesting to see if the night was merely the intoxication of the Moon/Venus/Jupiter in tasteful Capricorn or if the change is enduring. A little bit of time will tell. It was truly lovely.

1/12/08 8:51 PM  
Blogger jm said...

This business has been around for at least 20 years under the same ownership on one block of locally owned businesses in a tree-filled old Denver neighborhood. For some reason, most of them do well here and no corporate businesses have ever taken up residence.

With Pluto in Capricorn many of these places should continue to thrive. The small ones on this block have changed but not expanded. They understand the community and their clientele and they cater successfully to their distinctive characteristics, unlike the national chains. I love them for their uniqueness, charm, and individual care.

As consumers it's up to us to patronize these wonderful places. We are their life's blood. Many people unthinkingly go into chain restaurants all the time, then complain about corporate greed and sterility, when they could be supporting the local businesses. I think it takes conscious effort. It's our responsibility.

It gets complicated because the chains provide jobs, but the local stores could also do that if given an environment in which they easily thrived. The complaint is that the small guy is pushed out by the low prices of the big stores, but still, if we want things to change we have to spend a few pennies more, maybe. We can't dismantle the big structure but we can support the little one instead. Independence is just as real as anything else, as some will be learning with Uranus in Aries. We Arieses know something about this.

These places will remain. There is a combination of factors which make enterprises successful, magic being one of them. And, of course, satisfaction guaranteed.

1/12/08 9:37 PM  
Blogger jm said...

So with Pluto transiting Capricorn I think the excessive involvement of government in business is due for challenge, a question that goes back to the origin of the country. A philosophical division amongst the founders. It's gotten so most political decisions are based on business concerns and now they are starting to undermine the success of the governmental enterprises. Decisions that once went unnoticed now seem to be having heavy ramifications. What good will all their corporate involvements do if they can't get the votes to stay in power? So a great conflict of interests is fomenting. People are becoming aware, not to mention broke.

The cast of characters temporarily in place now and currently being re-installed is entirely of this ilk but I would think their previous raging successes are not to be duplicated. It's not a pretty picture but it needs to be. They're in place for now probably as the force with which Pluto will be working against. Their old habits won't work and I doubt if they've come up with an alternative yet. If they want to survive, they'll have to. A lot of them won't. I expect mucho revolving doors just ahead in our government, many of them snapping shut.

In the meantime, the awakening of your own influence is a good path to follow.

1/12/08 10:07 PM  

<< Home