Sunday, December 14, 2008

Astrobabble with Winston Moonbat

Greetings and salutations all you star-crossed mutables! I thought I'd pop in to update you about the goings on around the galaxy. On December 12th, as Jm predicted, the world ended and began. Nothing major. Probably some of you didn't even notice. Then on December 13th it happened. The earth-shattering event occurred. MPK landed in Hurricane, Utah, and the earth stood still for a brief moment to register this great occasion.
From here on out, life should resemble normality, disappointing as that might be to some of those hungry for explosive excitement. I just came from a meeting in the executive office on Jupiter's 68th moon and we had a lengthy discussion about you earthling astrologers who were predicting extreme agony across the planet. While we understand how skilled you are, and we applaud you with mighty enthusiasm, we felt it proper to point out one little thing many of you forgot in this dastardly disastrous grand cross .... the Gemini moon forming a strong trine to Neptune in Aquarius after passing that ever-lovely North Node.
Now in the United States of America, this trine created a grand air trine with Mars in Gemini and Saturn in Libra, and that's why you all have been having such a good time chattering and making new friends as well as seeing old ones again. According to your astrologer, Ingrid Naiman, air signs govern love of humanity, so as hard as it is to resist, in moments like this it can happen anyway. For those of you who enjoy violence, there was a little of that available as always, and there will be in the future. Something for everybody.
Along with these configurations, there was a biquintessimal aspect with a rare asteroid named Calamitus Janus, but nothing came of it. We all breathed a sigh of relief up here. So there'll be more good times for some, not so good for others, but all in all, a celestial convergence perfectly suited to the holiday social season.
Pluto wanted to let you know that despite some concerns about catastrophe in the next 16 years, he will try to be as just as possible. Enjoy yourselves and as the wise old sage Stepininnit cautions, mind your pees and ques and eat your flaxseed. See you soon and keep talking away. One of your artists, Laurie Anderson, said that language was a virus from outer space, but the antidote is actually more language, a sort of homeopathic approach, and the cure is always in the packages we send.
All My Love,
Winston

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this. Now I wonder, is this simply your style of narrative, or do you actually "channel" this Winston dude? Hehehe... or a little bit of both? ;)

14/12/08 4:44 AM  
Blogger jm said...

Winston and I go a long way back. It's hard to tell with these old friendships where one begins and the other ends.:-)
Winston's a little bit nicer and more objective than I and I've always admired that in him. He's a good teacher.

14/12/08 1:16 PM  
Blogger m.p.k. said...

haha! This is great, today was fantastic... I have just come down from flying around in my friend's four seater plane over the desert near Zion. I got to be co-pilot (not really, I just got to occupy the seat).

14/12/08 6:15 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Friends you can fly with! Great idea.

You're an inspiration mpk.

14/12/08 8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Winston!

Always good to have you visit (and on my solar return as well)!


Joy to all of you this soltice season! Juno

15/12/08 12:33 AM  
Blogger m.p.k. said...

Friends you can fly with! Great idea.

I figured out quite a while ago that it's not what you own, but what you have access to. I'm trying to maintain a network of rich connections, and also to be a node a network of such. It's all part of my NN I think. The mega independence for me is built this way...

15/12/08 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And joy to you juno!!

Your return holds promise from this point of view.

15/12/08 2:34 PM  
Blogger jm said...

I think you're right mpk. Maintenance can swallow a life. The body is enough for me to work with!

I'm trying to maintain a network of rich connections.

Spoken like a true Gem. "Rich" can mean a lot of things but I find those with tangible wealth often want to share the bounty. Could be my Moon-joop, though. You have one, too. In the second house of stuff, no less! You make perfect sense.

15/12/08 2:36 PM  
Blogger m.p.k. said...

The great thing about the network is the access to things that would require an empire of wealth, but instead just require a network of friends. And it's not about wealthy friends, it's just anyone with something to contribute that's in. Some wealthy friends are needed of course, but it's not the main thing. It could be music... or Astrology. As long as it fits. I've been laying the groundwork and still have some ways to go but it's looking good thus far. I will be a node. The whole thing's going to light up one day.

15/12/08 3:46 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Music and astrology sound very good. I'm in.

Poverty and wealth are interesting concepts. They go together. Riches in one area mean a deficit in another, probably.

I'd love to see this network thrive within the web of desire that leads people to hoard kind of like a barricade against life. Maybe changing economics will make people more permeable. Remove the price tags and you're in another dimension. There are so many things on this earth. So very many. I always see people shopping like apes discovering the prehensile grip. Reaching for the top shelves for the prize banana. Reach, reach, stretch, reach, and grab. The poor go the thrift store and load carts to the ceiling. Love of that grasp and possess. Fortunately some create trash enough to support them. It all works out.

One interesting thing is the stigma around used goods. It's okay to shop at garage sales but the same stuff in thrift stores is different. The mind is funny. I would like to see a return to barter though. Or the network in motion supporting one and all who contribute.

15/12/08 4:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mpk!

This is so right on.

It is SO funny how the mind works. My clothing budget has been thirft store/yard sale for years, yet I have found quality-label clothes at thrift stores. I've been flat-ass broke (the only kind of flat my ass will ever be) for ages, but damn I look good.

16/12/08 10:34 AM  

<< Home