Friday, December 05, 2008

Death, Rebirth, and the Great River

The Second Coming of Pluto
The River of Heaven
The story of how the River Ganges fell to earth from its source in heaven ...
There once was a very holy king, called Bhagiratha, who worshipped the god, Shiva. The king begged Shiva to let the Ganges fall to Earth to bring his dead ancestors back to life. Shiva agreed but he knew the Earth would shatter under the water's great weight. So he caught the river in his long tangled hair and let it trickle down gently to the Himalayas. The king led the water from the mountains, right across India to the sea and down into the land of the dead. There its sacred waters touched the ashes of
his ancestors and brought them back to life.
Ganga Ma - Mother Ganges, as Hindus revere the river - is the heart of India and the Hindu faith, one of the world's oldest religions. The waters and its tributaries mean life itself for the hundreds of millions of Indians who live in the Ganges Basin. At the bottom of the muddy river the people burn their dead in purification rituals, but at the top, from the source in Gangotri, the water runs clear and pure, the sweetest liquid you've ever tasted. I lived on it for three months in an ashram one year way back then.

Poor Obama has gone fishing in the sewer for his cabinet and he's gotten some ripe pickins. He's under pressure, in a BIG hurry, and caught in destiny's web. With Pluto newly in Capricorn, I can imagine the power struggles escalating to new heights in the government, especially within the Democratic Party. The present incarnation is also scheduled for demolition just as the Republican Party recently was. In the next few years he's going to find out which of these rats are his allies, and which are his rivals on his famous "team." He has enemies everywhere, both open and hidden. One day he'll be glad we the people bought a big piece of him.

Already those who aren't playing right are being eliminated with authoritarian force. The shiny new A-team is coming in. But many surprises are in store as those who think they have their hands clutching the reins of power now are going to find out where they really stand. Hard lessons are ahead for the mighty and corrupt, especially in several years when Saturn gets into Scorpio and forms a mutual reception with Pluto in Capricorn. There is an unusually high number of Scorpio planets in the charts of his sewer friends.
The incoming president has Saturn and Jupiter in the 12th house and he's a behind-the-scenes executive with a Scorpio Midheaven. Power plays, intrigue, secrets, jealousies, and betrayals as well as the potential for great creative achievement and transformation are possibilities. All of these things will likely happen. The Scorpio planets of others around his MC can help but this amount is excessive.
No wonder. The guy has a Moon-Pluto square indicating power struggles with women, and a whopping Pluto in the 7th house of relationships, meaning power struggles with just about everyone. His little National Security harem is really going to be a doozy as they seek each other's veins while Pluto opposes his Venus by transit. Unless there's some quirk of fate the control games are going to be immense and the agonizing competition for his attention and loyalty along with their individual quests for significance, will probably fall short of fun. Some are going to get creamed. His trusty detachment will probably fail him as he gets lured into his own Plutonian machinations. Those who think they're in the driver's seat at the moment are going to be unpleasantly awakened. Diplomacy doesn't really show up in these charts for some odd reason. Well I hope we're secure anyway. Foreign affairs might have to go on automatic pilot while these unhappy home affairs unfold. "Why do we always have to be so dysfunctional?" she asks her brother once again. Hopefully Pluto opposite our Cancer stellium will answer a few of these questions. It would work well if the chief executive can use the friction for energy and if Pluto has purification in mind being the good guy we know he really is. Sewers have their purpose but one doesn't want to linger too long
The country, herself, is getting a Pluto-Venus opposition during this steamy time so the question of the female model is sure to be raised. Do we want a sex goddess, a testicular imitator, a Pulitzer Prize winner, a charming, agreeable lady? So many decisions.
With Pluto at the helm I don't expect this incoming Clinton administration to last. More like a reckoning is ahead. I think Pluto must be laughing, even dancing right now. Escape? LOL! ROFL!! The sins of the forefathers. Some of these criminals will be seeking redemption once Pluto gets plumbing, some won't. Some will be getting it, some won't. Some of them might have an inkling of conscience. Anything's possible. Capricorn could bring out the guilt which should be down there in copious amounts. Ruining countries eventually reaps payback. I'll be looking for a cabinet-maker with fresh non worm-infested wood and an environmentally safe varnish. A citizen can still dream. Change I can still believe in.

But while the main artery is filled there are many capillaries and as always, good ones leak in by mere happenstance, the luck of the draw, or good ol' cosmic design. As for that main artery, I'd like to send them on a paid vacation to Gangotri for a cold bath in the holy waters. Cure them of their love of war. I'll try anything. Holy Mother of us all. In the meantime, I'll be fishing in clean waters myself, where I can see the light of day and drink up some of that purity. And watch the rebirth.

Photo#1:Varanasi,India. Photo#2:mudflat remains of the Colorado River Basin:Annie Griffins Belt Photo#3:Chad Ehlers

19 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mornin', jm --

Here's Astro-Pol on the Obama-Hillary chart comparison:

http://astro-pol.blogspot.com/2008/12/dream-team-or-nightmare-compatibility.html

Scorpios in the cabinet, oh boy. I like Terry's comment that BHO has surrounded himself (surely by intention) with Scorpionic power that challenges his own chart's weak spot.

I picture BHO finally taking what he learns from the Scorpionic challenges and doing his own purge.

As for Venus-Pluto, check this out:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/05/caroline-kennedy-clinton_n_148671.html

5/12/08 9:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Me, I'm trying to tend to the waters as you are. I visited Ganga in Allahabad at the 2001 Maha Kumbh Mela, and also in Varanasi on the same trip. I intend to return to Kumbh Mela in Haridwar in 2010, and visit Gangotri.

My filmmaking buddy is working on a documentary about global warming's threat to Ma Ganga -- the glacier that creates Gangotri is shrinking and the river may one day disappear.

5/12/08 9:21 AM  
Blogger m.p.k. said...

JM, Obama is doing pretty much exactly what I expected he would so far. Did you expect differently? Just curious.

5/12/08 10:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, like I said somewhere earlier, I get an "eh, nah, not 4evah" vibe on HRC for SOS.

I do think it is an honest recognition of her chops;

it puts her in a position to prove commitment to Obama's agenda ("better to have her inside the tent p***ing out, than outside p***ing in", a commenter said on another site);

as another blogger observed, an interesting power troika is being built: Obama focuses policy, Gates designs policy, Clinton takes it onto the stage ... that's star power for her;

she has a chance to turn her energies to the Good of the Whole rather than the Good of Herself;

it puts her voice in a different room and among different people, with a different purpose, from where she's been up to now;

she will have security clearances that Bill Does Not (big change there).

I think what can be a shock to the Scorpionic "insider" players in this first iteration of Obamaland is the powerful Virgoan transparency that could manifest as a group expectation. I doubt much of anything will get past O & Axelrod. "What, you thought nobody could see what you're doing?" The cool steel under that Leo smile.

The leap from "dysfunctional/abusive" to "functional/responsible" Leader-staff relations may be difficult for some.

5/12/08 11:41 AM  
Blogger jm said...

There's a lot ahead and the change is not going to happen unless we make it happen. The seeds were planted by the campaign and now I'm going to do a series about just what we're up against. Yes, I'm pissed. I fit right into the next revolutionary phase and the crux of it it is obedience. Time to stop whining and get going. My area of expertise so I can be of help. I've never been obedient and I'm not starting now. It's a mighty sensation when you finally stand up for yourself and your principles.

It's not about Clinton. She's a pawn, so I'm not going to waste my precious time analyzing her. It's a waste of time and life. It's about you and me.

I picture BHO finally taking what he learns from the Scorpionic challenges and doing his own purge.

Boy howdy, yesh, you got it. But he's a symbol. The purge is everywhere. We have to earn our own autonomy after being lazy for so long. We should work together to come up with ideas, techniques, and plans, and most of all, not swallow any more of the antics of these flaming jackasses who ran this country down. We did it too, but we can fix it.

The biggest mistake is to continue this politics of personality. The Nat'l Enquirer gossip column. These people are nothing. Not worth your life force. I can't stand it and I've stopped reading the political blogs because they go round and round inanely going nowhere trying to bolster damaged egos. Not to say you shouldn't follow it, though. I know my limits.

I've reached my limit and I hate to think how I'll feel when Uranus gets to Aries and crosses my ascendant!! Be prepared they say. Change has come in my room.

5/12/08 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another reason not to waste your time analyzing Clinton:

Judicial Watch Announces Hillary Clinton Constitutionally Ineligible to Serve as Secretary of State.

According to the Ineligibility Clause of the United States Constitution, no member of Congress can be appointed to an office that has benefited from a salary increase during the time that Senator or Representative served in Congress. A January 2008 Executive Order signed by President Bush during Hillary Clinton's current Senate term increased the salary for Secretary of State, thereby rendering Senator Clinton ineligible for the position.

But you just know these people will do whatever they want.

5/12/08 1:48 PM  
Blogger jm said...

JM, Obama is doing pretty much exactly what I expected he would so far. Did you expect differently? Just curious.

Of course not, mpk. The election was an inspirational high and I loved it. I certainly wasn't going to ruin the joy by not being in the NOW.

But now we're in this NOW and I'm changing gears. Obama is fine and maybe I'll keep trying to explain what he's trying to do, but the grinding gears of effort are upon us as a whole and we can't depend on him anymore to sweep us up and away. It was perfect for the moment and the ecstasy was wonderful. Now we have big problems.

We can help our newly elected young wise energetic compassionate and brilliant choice. It's a waste of time to second guess him. He's in and he's the one to work with. He needs allies.

At the same time it's great to be honest about who and what and not to sugar coat the reality. Pluto is in Capricorn now for 16 years. Not a long time but a great opportunity especially when the powerful force of Uranus in Aries comes. It can be used if we choose not to be victims of its force. We have to see clearly what has to be changed and the people installed now are representative of that. Don't fall for it. Don't keep being suckered. Stand up for yourselves and align with what you truly think serves your own purposes.

I'm helping Obama, first of all by letting him descend from his pedestal with grace. It was needed to get him there. Second by giving him plenty of time to get his bearings. He has to get re-elected and that's the next pressure. I always thought his greatest achievements would come in his second term, but he can still do a lot now.

We need new people in Congress so I think the midterms might even be more important than this election was. We need allies for him and ourselves, and these stagnant unhealthy ungodly rich and greedy politicians should find something else to do.

Each one has to make up his or her mind whether or not to trust O, but I would be particularly cautious when it comes to the DLC cabinet. And stop falling for it!!!! I think time will prove that he's doing the best he can. Doing well, so far. There are cosmic collective needs dominating and he's only a part of the whole thing. We are all in charge. Good to stop giving power to the jackasses. As soon as possible.

5/12/08 2:01 PM  
Blogger jm said...

But you just know these people will do whatever they want.

Well, I'll do whatever I want. It's a damn free world. I think. I just happen to not want to give them my money.

5/12/08 2:03 PM  
Blogger jm said...

it puts her in a position to prove commitment to Obama's agenda ("better to have her inside the tent p***ing out, than outside p***ing in", a commenter said on another site)

Let me just say this and be done with it. The SOS was put there to keep her from power. She is a puppet. They gave her the slot where she's muzzled and leashed unable to do harm, and thank god, out of the Senate. She'll do as she's told or else. She always has. Men have always told her what to do and now is no different. I've told you time and time again she's not a leader. She ruins everything she touches and they're trying to prevent that. Let her be Queen Bee and try to enjoy it but don't make her into something she's not. Not at this time.Please understand. There are more important items. If you want to play old and tired theatrical bullshit games, then by all means follow it like obedient subjects. But the obsession is counter-productive at this juncture.

The idea of keeping them in the tent is a wise one. It should work to some extent but there will also be big problems. He has no choice becuase the cosmic time is one of going against the entrenched powers, thus the powers are re-instated at first. It will pass especially if you DON'T FALL FOT IT! They would love to see the populace watch their HD tvs and cause no trouble but it might not happen that way. Especially if you get on top of it now.

Remember how you got suckered into believing in the war with Iran for at least 4 years? It was never planned. Do you want to go through that again? Not about Iran, but by being suckered so easily. It wears you down. Steals your health. Costs you even more money.

I always hold my tongue because speaking up has gotten me into so much trouble but I'm afraid my time is running out and I have years of Mars and Aries-Cap transits coming up. My rage at the system has been re-ignited!!! But don't worry. I'm no longer dangerous.

You've got to stop listening to the "experts." They know not. Use your own intelligence and put two and two together by observation. Learn to contact your feelings for the first instinctual response then learn to control them for the logical work. Learn to cut through and really see, or at least grab the moments of clarity and use them.

The leap from "dysfunctional/abusive" to "functional/responsible" Leader-staff relations may be difficult for some.

Very very well said yesh. We can get the ball rolling.

5/12/08 2:30 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Me, I'm trying to tend to the waters as you are. I visited Ganga in Allahabad at the 2001 Maha Kumbh Mela, and also in Varanasi on the same trip. I intend to return to Kumbh Mela in Haridwar in 2010, and visit Gangotri.

That sounds fantastic!!!! Omg!

5/12/08 2:31 PM  
Blogger m.p.k said...

I always hold my tongue because speaking up has gotten me into so much trouble but I'm afraid my time is running out and I have years of Mars and Aries-Cap transits coming up. My rage at the system has been re-ignited!!! But don't worry. I'm no longer dangerous.

Brings a great big smile to my face. I don't mind danger.

5/12/08 3:19 PM  
Blogger jm said...

LOL!!! I'm back. If you really want it you can have it. My partner told me I was like a shot of hard liquor. Only for the brave. He made it worse! They all loved my fury those days after my family recovered from the initial shock. It was the truth of it that tripped them up. I was born to fight in true Aries fashion. Mars square Uranus. My Libra tries to be nice. And I am. I've always been known to stand up for principle.

But we are the land of the free and the brave as I understand it.

I will mention just one positive thing that could result from the cat fight. Among the women are not only loads of Scorpio planets but a repeat of Venus in Scorpio and Saturn aspects and Moon involvements, Saturn being the possible plus. Please let me give you a little example....

Hillary Clinton: Sun, Venus, Mercury in Scorpio square Mars, Pluto, Saturn in Leo

Samantha Power: Venus, Jupiter in Scorpio opposite Saturn in Taurus

Susan Rice: Sun, Neptune in Scorpio opposite Jupiter and probably Moon in Taurus

Janet Napolitano: Mars, Neptune, NN in Scorpio (the best arrangement)

Getting the picture?

It's all centered around the Pluto/Venus opposition and what women have to learn about power. There's a reason they're not fully there yet and now could be a chance to learn why and how they can get there intelligently.

The use of Taurus/Scorpio sexual exchange is as old as the hills and it's probably time to move beyond this and for women to stop clawing one another to pieces trying to gratify men. It's a perfect setup with the Scorpio Venusian Lunar women and the man's Pluto-Venus in Cancer transit.

I have a SN in Scorpio in the 7th and I know everything there is to know about it. I have lots of masculine traits and as a stage performer I learned early on how much I didn't want to use typical sexuality for my expression although the sexuality remains. This is only in the professional realm, mind you. There's a way to use it and not have it own and lead you, thereby trapping you in the coy and kittenish role that's so hackneyed. Overcompensating by being tough is the worst. It doesn't really fool anyone.

Women have a lot to learn. How to move, how to dress, how to talk, etc., after years of subjugation with sexual favors as the way out.

So observing the show could be instructive and if we all can learn and grow then more power to these pioneering women. It's about habit. Cancer Venus. Pluto transiting opposite and transforming behavior. Competing sexually with the same sex is biological and can't be entirely avoided but it must be controlled in the professional sphere. Women have to stop being afraid of themselves.

I was taught that Scorpio was the ultimate of female power so if they can harness it could be wildly creative. I don't expect it to come easily though. The key is the Venus rulership of USA Saturn in Libra in the 10th and the government. It speaks of an intellectual approach and a certain detachment from base sexuality which could be cultivated.

My SN has seen enough, however. Y'all can enjoy it.

5/12/08 3:59 PM  
Blogger jm said...

One little thing I think should go is the dangling earrings on the government job. These trinkets are traditionally shown as the women's worth in marriage. It screams, "My sexuality is for sale." In fact, the less shiny glittering stuff around the face, the better so the voice and ideas can steal the show.
And I'm not talking about the high heels anymore. Everyone should know that by now. Sarah Palin was a beautiful example of everything that's wrong and why she could never be taken seriously. I thank her. The wink was precious.

5/12/08 4:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will mention just one positive thing that could result from the cat fight.

You mean, the moment when an ashen-faced Rahm Emanuel turns to Bob Gates and says, "Dude, we are amateurs."

5/12/08 10:10 PM  
Blogger jm said...

What??? Omg. Who's in charge??

Oh well. We're on our own just as always.

6/12/08 3:31 AM  
Blogger Diane L said...

Sarah Palin was a beautiful example of everything that's wrong and why she could never be taken seriously. I thank her. The wink was precious.

Exactly my thought, jm! Beautifully put. I'm watching all this unfold with fascination and my usual degree of detachment because the collective is just beginning to move into a period of profound adjustments.

Here's to frugal living as I know you do! Lots and lots of other people will be learning how from dear Pluto in Capricorn over the next 15 yrs or so.

6/12/08 8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The trouble is, we will have to endure the whining and bitching from the people used to instant gratification.

6/12/08 8:48 AM  
Blogger jm said...

Neith, you are a genius in your "usual degree of detachment," speaking of degrees.:-)

You know, this is almost like full circle from when we met at Astroworld and had that watershed chat. In terms of your Palin comment. I think you are absolutely right about this:

the collective is just beginning to move into a period of profound adjustments.

You know me. I don't possess your degree of genius and I want to get right in there and sculpt the emerging new forms. Such a great opportunity. The same repression women have experienced is the same one I feel as an artist in a society where the populace remains obedient to the advertised norms and being brave, independent, and innovative does not guarantee results in the marketplace. Being solo is worse than being a woman!

So I'm shifting gears from my broad, oh so lovely view of the proceedings and getting down with it to try and exercise my influence. They haven't been paying attention but awakening seems to be underway. A series of adjustments is the best way and I agree with joe. The infinite bitching and whining will have to be endured:-) Even my own!

6/12/08 12:19 PM  
Blogger jm said...

A possible positive well articulated.

I don't know about her political style yet but she's closer to the model I see for our up and coming young women. It all looks well planned.

7/12/08 4:05 AM  

<< Home