Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Defeet

Pisces governs the feet. Standing, understanding, walking, running, everything, the feet guide humans in every direction they move. Or do humans guide their feet? With Pisces, it's impossible to say. Feet are capricious, and they generally require a covering of choice to protect the tender bottoms that traverse the rough earth. Shoes are elemental.

Comfortable shoes that grip the earth and make walking easy are my choice. So when cushiony well-fitting athletic type shoes became the fashion, I rejoiced. A healthy society at last! I could now hang out with everyone, somewhat enjoyably, and hopefully on or off foot with minimal pain.

I was happy enough, but lately I've noticed an even better trend. The stiff, heavy, gel infused, blown rubber concoctions have given way to light, soft, easy running shoes. Are people loosening up?  Trusting their bones? Well it's one of those oxymorons, believing running is relaxing. Sometimes it is, sort of, theoretically. Flexible, just hard enough shoes are the rage, and once again, I rejoice.

However, shoes aside, sometimes people give up and retreat from life's challenges and inevitable confrontations in defeat. The planet Mars is the source of forward motion, self interest, autonomy, and chosen direction. From the Pisces 12th house of total comprehension comes the Aries 1st, where actions from that understanding are initiated. Mars decides, the feet follow, or in the case of the Grimm fairy tale, The Red Shoes, the feet are in complete command leading to a rather unpleasant end for the wearer. But generally, Mars issues orders to the feet. Often, the feet complain which can be wise guidance in terms of direction.

Like perfectly fitting flesh, shoes can hug the feet and make earth walking a delight. Some still like walking on stilts and needles, but I suppose that's a different kind of athleticism. Still, I'm glad the crowd loves sneakers.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tseka said...

Ha! Sometimes I'm very Piscean. An astrologer friend once told me that an intercepted house is much like a final degree sun or ascendant, it owns the sign. Well, don't know about that, but my feet certainly have had a bunch of Pisces-like experiences. Don't remember how many times I lost my big toe nails, strangely through no action of my own. Other people's accidents seem to find my feet!

Mostly I'm barefoot. I have hand knitted wool felted slippers for winter and just purchased some grey wool felted shoes which I adore.

When I was young and dancing a marvelous coveted callous formed from the scuffing modern style of Martha Graham. When they peeled off it was a sad loss. I have cultivated new lesser ones!

Feet and Pisces, yep.

22/9/21 8:12 PM  
Blogger jm said...

HA HA! "Other people's accidents seem to find my feet!" Toenail beds go through quite the contortions when the needed nails come off.

Me too on bare feet! They called me the barefoot contessa in my very young days and I am just as barefoot today. I love my feet.

I just purchased some blue shoes which I don't adore. The soles are too hard. I don't like the sound they make on my kitchen floor. They're going back.

The callous cultivator!!

It's really weird in the shoe racks. Even the clunky die-hards are going soft.

22/9/21 11:32 PM  
Anonymous G said...

I'm also mostly barefoot, specially in Miami, but the first time I had a crush for my shoes was when I bought the Merrell hiking boots and went for the first time to Alaska and then hiking on my own in Norway. I realized the crucial role of my boots anchoring myself to the ground and feeling my feet as softly floating in the clouds. They were my vehicle allowing me to climb the mountains and remain on ground. That important are our shoes.

25/9/21 8:59 AM  
Blogger jm said...

Hiking on your own in Norway? Good god! An incomparable adventuress. Grounded in boots and floating in the clouds. You mean heaven on earth?

I found a quote that applies....

"We believe in seeking the balance between hustle and rest and finding contentment in both."

That's from Joanna Gaines of HGTV fame. I thought, "Hmmmm, Taurus?"
Well, of course. She has Venus in Taurus in the 10th house of public life. Aries sun. I can relate to the hustle-rest factor being Aries rising with NN in Taurus. Contentment in both is more heaven on earth. I would add contentment within the rest of the world's frenzied, hysterical, search for stimulation. Motivation and action from honest rest works very very well.

25/9/21 2:06 PM  
Anonymous G said...

Contentment in both, exactly! Action from honest rest, couldn't be better.
My boots in the inside made my feet feel like floating in clouds. So soft and spacious that I never actually felt my toes touching the front tip. I was climbing on rocks and even ice feeling the grip of my boots to the ground. I realized how much they were my vehicle allowing me to experience such a magnificent moment in the cliffs while feeling the softness of the clouds in every step. I felt so much love for them.

25/9/21 3:34 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Secure in your boots on ice???? That's what love will do!

25/9/21 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home