Friday, February 16, 2007

Libra North Node/Aries South Node.....a Map

House cusps: ASC (1 deg 57), 2 (25 deg), 3 (4 deg), 4(29 deg), 5 (19 deg), 6 (7 deg).
The solution to the dilemma of this chart is simple. The North Node search for partnership is written everywhere. The four planet stellium in Libra, which includes the fortuitous North Node is a great setup for the relationship she desires. The major square to Saturn in the 11th house indicates that the only way to get to full satisfaction, is through a relationship based on a common goal. So there must be a purpose greater than the partnership itself. A calling that she finds together with another is the best possible choice. Something specific to work toward in unison.
As beautifully simple as this is, the road is peppered with complications, and here are some of them:
Aquarius Rising is looking for friendships based on common interests and intellectual pursuits, usually with the improvement of society as part of the aim. The Saturn in the 11th house of friendship, the natural Aquarian house, is the roadblock in this pursuit. The life lessons center around worldly achievement through these 11th house associations, but with Saturn it takes time and a long process of trial and error. This Saturn wants career achievement, recognition, status, and a great reputation in the world. The Jupiter positioned exactly on the Midheaven, and trine the Moon in the 6th house of work, is a fine asset, although it can be excessive and overconfident, shortchanging the necessary Saturnian steps it will take to truly rise to the top.

The airy Aquarius combined with the Libra air wants mental relationships, but the Libra is positioned in the deep and emotional 8th house causing some conflict. Getting through crises with people can drain energy at times, and underhanded unpleasant goings-on are a possibility. The plus in this 8th house is the ability to merge, finances included, to reach the goals of the life. Learning to share could be a challenge considering the SN in the second house of one's own money and possessions. The Jupiter in Scorpio also indicates merging of resources and energy, so there is great potential encouraging the development of highly creative and successful alliances.

The real problems come into play with the Pluto/Venus conjunction in the 7th house, the natural Libra one-on-one house. While the air elements want fairplay and equality, clipping along easily to the goal, the Venus/Pluto wants trouble...jealousy, passion, one against the other, hypnotic possession, while the Leo 7th house finds people who want total attention, sometimes taking away from the democratic dispersion fundamental to her style. the Libra stellium in the 8th house repeats this setup. So there could easily be partners that possess her and try to restrain her social flow outward (indicated by all the planets except the Moon in the top public sector of the chart). They can impede her progress and pull her into the quicksand at worst. Or vice-versa. Servant roles can also be an issue. The square from Uranus in Leo to the Jupiter in Scorpio on the MC, is more of this conflict between the two of them and the world.
But then there is another plus. The Venus/Pluto trines the Saturn easing the difficulty and making it possible to control these impulses. Converting the energy to productivity is the best solution. Subduing passions advisable. This is largely her job as she learns self control and discipline throughout her life with the Saturn in Capricorn. And she learns to balance the conflicting needs and demands of all the people she is connected to. She's the boss.

One other conflict is the egalitarian Libra square the bosslady Saturn in Capricorn. This rising professional must learn to put herself above others and take charge in order to achieve her long range goals. The idea is to do this with tact and diplomacy, keeping the one-on-ones strong and healthy. They are actually a vital part of her rise, so it is in her best interest.

This is a start on the interpretation of this wheel, but every type of relationship is indicated. The ideal would be to create the perfect special companionship within the broad social circles she will always want to form as she expands her influence in the world. This expansion must be done, and the partner should be an integral part of it, all the while making sure the partner feels like the special one in her life. The most important by a long shot. The intrinsic equilibrium of all the Libra placements is one of her greatest assets, and the North node is the ultimate in helping create this graceful democratic integration of self and others. A true marriage, indeed.

47 Comments:

Blogger jm said...

Well my mind had had a workout with these nodes. The interesting thing about the warrior Aries SN is that it got my my attention completely off other wars. Thank you Aries.

16/2/07 3:12 PM  
Blogger Diane L said...

This is so complete I'm not seeing much to add . . . but that Gemini NN always can find something. :-)

Is it possible the Saturn sq Sun/NN/Mercury has her second guessing herself. The old Libra quest for the "perfect" solution to the problem. For a chart with the only things in Scorpio being the MC/Jupiter, it sure carries a strong Pluto overtone! Which suggests to me dealing w/all the classic Scorpio themes of obsession, trust, and the need to go waaaay to far . . . a case of using a blowtorch to light a cigarette instead of a match.

And don't think I missed that Mars in LIBRA!!!! Don't know how you do it jm . . . :-)

16/2/07 3:29 PM  
Blogger jm said...

a case of using a blowtorch to light a cigarette instead of a match.

Ha ha ha ha !!!!! Save me from my SN in Scorp!

Good point about the Saturn second guessing. Hesitating too after the initial Aries SN thrust.

The Pluto is very dominant. MC alone...Scorpio type parental relationship. The two planets you mentioned, Jupiter being exact. The packed 8th house. The venus/Pluto conjunction.
Venus ruling the Taurus 4th (more parent) conjunct Pluto. Two scorpio houses according to Placidus. Venus ruler of all the libra conjunct Pluto. A lot.

Don't know how you do it jm . . . :-)
Do what??????????

Funny, neith. I was just thinking about this today and the energy aavailable in my 1st house NN if I want it.

16/2/07 3:52 PM  
Blogger jm said...

All the Aquarius, Merc retro,the New Moon you wrote about, the Uranus/Neptune, and the Saturn opposition have been a relief to me so far. For some reason I stopped worry about the world and it's repetetive hopelessness. Not worrying would serve me well with that Pluto NN trine ahead.

16/2/07 3:55 PM  
Blogger jm said...

BTW, some of the best astologers I know read a chart that way. By basically looking at the overall strength of the energies.

I looked at one breakdown that had each planet with a bar, the more repeats, the higher the bar. You can really see it clearly that way.

16/2/07 3:59 PM  
Blogger Tseka said...

Awesome work.
This will take some time to process. You and Neith, what can be said? Only thanks.

I found myself shifting with each sentence back to other charts following the lines in my mind's eye. Seeing the patterns.

Thank you.

16/2/07 4:57 PM  
Blogger jm said...

I always say that every bit of astro knowledge can be used immediately. It never matters about volume. And this goes on forever.

16/2/07 5:15 PM  
Blogger jm said...

One other thing I want to mention about this chart that's easy to read is the Venus/Pluto conjunction in the 7th. With Venus ruling the 4th, and Pluto ruling the 10th, the partnerships are where the family patterns, including financial control issues, are played out. Difficult but an opportunity for working them out. The SN in the 2nd house of money shows this too, as I mentioned that the SN is often an indicator of family patterns.

16/2/07 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the ASC represents the sign that was rising as you were born, then the line that the ASC is on is like the horizon, correct? And therefore the top half of the chart is the sky above and the lower half, the sky on the other side of the planet from where we were born? I seem to recall somewhere that the lower half represents things that are hidden from us or more internal, unconscious processes? Or is that an oversimplification?

16/2/07 5:43 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Exactly.

16/2/07 6:12 PM  
Blogger jm said...

One thing to note is that sunrise, at the horizon, is the self, and sunset, is the other. Midnight at the bottom of the chart is home, and noon at the top is the outermost world.

So people with planets above are public. With many below, like me...private. No one gets into my home without performing some magic act.

People with planets to the left, self involved, to the right, motivated by others.

16/2/07 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*runs to look up charts* :o)

16/2/07 6:17 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Yo! Blogger only now deigned allow me in these here lofty premises. Let me read, absorb, and I shall return. Wow!

Jm, I have written my piece for you, as promised. I need to review it before I post it.

OK. Off I go to read all that you and your wonderful commenters wrote!!

17/2/07 12:42 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Wow!! Simply wow!! Jm, you are SUPERB!!!!! ***SMOOCH*** ***Thank you!!!***

I will be back with comments.

Much of this is bang on.

There was one eye opener.

Some I need to ponder / wrap my brain around first.

~Thank you~ again, so much! You are a gem.

And my thanks to Neith too, for the additional insights! xoxo

17/2/07 1:06 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

For a chart with the only things in Scorpio being the MC/Jupiter

Just for good measure, Neith, my Point of Fortune is also in Scorpio, tucked in with my Jup/MC. :-)

17/2/07 1:09 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

And Neith, thank you for that article on Chiron -- it was great!

My Chiron is in Aq in 1H, opposite my 'stuff' in 7H.

17/2/07 1:13 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

JM, I don't understand this:

With Venus ruling the 4th, and Pluto ruling the 10th

??

17/2/07 1:15 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

That's a very packed and very powerful reading, jm... I'm reeling...

Doing the dishes and absorbing...

17/2/07 1:39 PM  
Blogger jm said...

With Venus ruling the 4th, and Pluto ruling the 10th

A huge amount of info here. Will elaborate shortly. Ties into your nodes in the 2nd/8th so we can also cover it then.

17/2/07 2:19 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Ok. No prob.

17/2/07 2:49 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I don't know where to start responding... Gosh, I could write a whole book on just about every statement you made, jm!

But this post isn't intended to be about the stories of my life, but about the ~nodes~, so... let me see what I can pick out and address half-concisely... and if you're lucky, half-coherently!!

17/2/07 3:01 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

The North Node search for partnership is written everywhere.

Yes, you got that right, jm!

Any which way you look at it.

All the Venus/Libra/7H = 'relationship/partnership'

All the Pluto/Scorp/8 = 'urge to merge'

Etc., as you covered very well.

(more follows...)

17/2/07 3:07 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Feel free to say everything. It all ties into the nodes and everyone can use the knowledge. This is the time.

17/2/07 3:10 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

For me, 7H and 8H go hand in hand.

8H is the higher octave of 7H.

This pattern is mirrored/amplified by the ~house placement~ of my nodes (2/8).

So I am also (selfishly!) looking forward to you covering the next set: 2 + 8. I have specific comments to make that are more house oriented so will save them for then.

(more...)

17/2/07 3:11 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Half coherently is good enough! More than I usually get..:-)

17/2/07 3:11 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Feel free to say everything.

OK. This is your class. Did not want to 'take over' the room... But if you're greenlighting me, then... ;-)

17/2/07 3:12 PM  
Blogger jm said...

I agree 100% with you about the 7th/8th tie.
The break comes in the 9th. Then the 9th and 10th tie. This is a good subject. The way I like to do astrology.

17/2/07 3:13 PM  
Blogger jm said...

This is Your Node!!

Let it rip in true Aries fashion!

17/2/07 3:14 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I'm big on patterns. Ecosystems :-)

17/2/07 3:15 PM  
Blogger jm said...

There really is so much to cover. This Aries factor is my future, so I need it. We'll see it clearly when I do my reverse nodes, even the houses are your reverse.

17/2/07 3:15 PM  
Blogger jm said...

For example, I am a SN Scorpio expert at merging. So I have that information for you. We are doing an exact exchange. And it doesn't happen often with both sign and house.

17/2/07 3:17 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Let it rip in true Aries fashion!

The girl loves Trouble!!!! :-D

But first, I need to go post My Piece on YOU :-P over yonder....

::commentus interruptus::

17/2/07 3:17 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I am a SN Scorpio expert at merging.

I was *expressly* looking for a mentor.

I asked the Universe for one.

I found her. :-)

17/2/07 3:19 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I need to learn to do ~Aries~ better.

17/2/07 3:20 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

You get me all excited with this stuff. Get my life juices flowing. The living dead in me loves you for it, and is more grateful than I can express to you.

17/2/07 3:22 PM  
Blogger jm said...

The girl loves Trouble!!!! :-D

LOL!!! That's what they say when I arrive."uh-oh here comes Trouble".

The living dead is right. I know them. They're EVERYWHERE.

Time to get up and live. Aries. From the Scorpio ashes.

17/2/07 3:31 PM  
Blogger jm said...

The mentoring can happen whenever somebody has the reverse nodes. It's something to watch for and take advantage of when it comes along. An offering. The NN is better than I can put into words.

17/2/07 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like me and my dad, except I have to find a way to get him to listen. Although just identifying our complementary nodes was a major step, thanks to Our Lady of Nodes. :o)

17/2/07 3:36 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Our Lady of Nodes

!!!!!! Oh that's good, Joe!!!

17/2/07 3:40 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Joe, you are a sweetie!
You need to get 'everyone' to listen to you. I caught that with your 1st post elsewhere. It was great, and no extra words. Beautifully to the point and penetrating. I saw how it was overlooked. I won't have it.

We'll see about your father when we go into your nodes. I'm trying with all my might to forge ahead to Taurus tonight, but as you can see, the subject is very interesting ..:-).

17/2/07 3:41 PM  
Blogger jm said...

It's really well said joe. I do have a religious reverence for the damned things!

17/2/07 3:43 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

OK, jm and anybody else who wants to sample my very first Blogger post (gosh this place is wired weird, but I figured everything out)... click my name and go see!

A fearless astro-newbie dares to 'read' her elder (The ~Musician~ JM)!!! :-D

17/2/07 3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying with all my might to forge ahead to Taurus tonight, but as you can see, the subject is very interesting

jm, there's all the time in the world, so go at your own pace. :o)

17/2/07 3:47 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Joe, you're an angel.

17/2/07 4:08 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Our Lady of the Nodes: you stirred things up with this post! An old/ongoing lover/friend of mine resurfaced last night! I will have nodal stories for your nodal bank!!

18/2/07 12:26 PM  
Blogger jm said...

My ears are perked, jane.

18/2/07 2:01 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

It's a 2/8 story, so I'm still debating whether to save it for your next batch.

Or... my Aries ardor might win over and you might get the story any moment!

I'm kindov in overwhelm mode right now. Lots going on at this end, tying up my emotional and mental circuits both (my very soul actually).

But I am ~not~ forgetting you nor my 'promises'...

Just need to wait for the wind to fill my sails... then you know what happens... ;-)

"I saw something in your 5H" mushrooms into "Jane does your whole chart!" ;-)

It's all in the wind. Right now: no wind.

But the wind always comes back. Always.

xo

18/2/07 3:31 PM  

<< Home