Thursday, February 22, 2007

South Node in Gemini or the Third House

The South Node in Gemini is a busy mind, reaching for too much information, too many connections, unfulfilling chatter, and retaining a tendency to fit its ideas into the thinking of others. They spend much of their lives in a social whirl that detracts from the perspective they know they need to find their own truths.
The tower of babble (my spelling). SN Geminis are masters of talk. They can discuss anything with anyone at anytime. The problem is, they no longer get satisfaction from this endless stream of often useless information, since they now feel an urge to step into other areas of the mind. Places not everyone is going. They are ready to develop a more profound intellect with quiet, contemplation, and deeper research into the machinations of life. In a sense, they are discarding their old languages to learn new interpretations of experience.
Information and education overload. Gemini SNs are age old bookworms and media lovers. They know how to gather the smallest facts and apply them to their communication. But this library now contains ideas that have lost their significance. They no longer need to attend every lecture or course on the latest trend. They are ready to part with the college ruled notebook and go into other places in their minds to find the word. They are exchanging facts, figures, and graphs for intuition and a more arcane knowledge. They need no more information since the answers are already there, if they can perceive them.
Freneticism. Very often these Gemini tpyes lead a runaround life that includes a high volume of superficial activities. Breathlessly circulating in a frenzy is common. They are sensing the value of getting a breath of fresh air in the country away from crowds of people.

Connect me to the right one. These nodeholders are plugged into every circuit around always adapting their ideas to fit what others will agree with. They look constantly for the next one who shares their thoughts, but the well is now dry. Many are scattered, indecisive, and have trouble making commitments. They travel circles within circles within circles, that would drive the average person to extreme dizziness. They now can step back and take a broader look, even depart for solitude, when possible, to see the larger picture of circumstance.
Dishonesty. SN Gems are used to gathering and disseminating information without judgement. Sometimes this can lead to communiques that are not entirely true. They discuss and analyze their myriad relationships, and when word gets around, there can be misunderstandings and hurt feelings in this sticky web of entanglements. Loyalty is not their area of expertise, and connections are made and broken at whim. Now they long to cut through and find meaning and connection with other realms, stepping into the world of ethics, morality and most of all, honesty with themselves.

Brothers and sisters. Often the Gemini SNs feel a desire to part ways with their siblings, although attachments and involvements in the details of their everyday lives might belie this. There are many disappointments that are impossible to evade. The close sibling attachments have now become an encumberance. They are ready to leave the protection of the small circle of family and aquaintances to a larger one with people different from the kinds they've known before. They want to expand their social horizons, and maybe shrink the numbers, so they can get more meaning from each relationship, and learn entirely new things. A new relationship with the self is included.
SN Geminis have mastered the exchange of information in everyday life and are now prepared to part ways with worn-out phrases, meaningless talk, and people that no longer stimulate them, to use their well-developed intellects for a new level of understanding and a connection with a spiritual entity. They know enough but are about to learn everything.
Bottom painting: Early Morning by Emil Nolde.

24 Comments:

Blogger Diane L said...

OMG! You've hit my Pisces boss with SN in Gemini conjunct his Moon exactly!! And why he can drive me nutz at times....

Speaking of Gemini & 3rd houses . . . Casey left a description of this blog on my site that is very descriptive of a certain full 3rd house in Gemini:

I love jm's blog but sometimes she makes me dizzy, she's so fast and it's like whitewater rapids...

The thing with whitewater rapids is there is lots of air being mixed with the water . . . :-)

22/2/07 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi jm, I'm quietly lurking, trying to learn. I think my south node is in Sag -- is South node the same as true node? So is north node in the opposite house, ie Gemini? I ask because from your description I sometimes feel like a SN Gemini. Sorry to be such a dunce...
Enjoying our brief return to stellar Colorado weather...

22/2/07 11:42 AM  
Blogger Diane L said...

Hi juju - your SN is in Gemini - and North Node (true node) is in Sagittarius. I'm sure jm will have lots more to add . . . :-)

22/2/07 11:56 AM  
Blogger jm said...

Neith, that's hilarious. Mercury square Mars/Uranus is the culprit. I have a lightning quick mind. The 3rd Gem probably makes it easy to find the words.

The Fire/air combo is also quick.

Juju!!Perfect. Hemingway and many other writers had your node. True node is the same. We can go into your chart and see how it plays.

With the SN Gem and writing it can be frustrating, because the wrong words are always interfering, and maybe the subject matter you really want is illusive.

There's a feeling that it's all been said, and now the mind is searching for completely new concepts. The more I think about it, the more I understand why I couldn't stop talking to you when we met. You were totally fascinating. Rarely do people understand what I'm saying like you did.

The NN Sagittarius is like having your own built-in interpreter, who can translate and understand more than others.

22/2/07 1:42 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Btw, juju, You DO have the South in Gemini in the 9th house, the natural Sagittarius house. One of those reversed situations that are fascinating and all the more important.

The religious/spiritual subject matter is calling, although maybe not specifically in religious terminology. There is a destiny away from all the ideas and philosophies of others, away from mentors and gurus, and into your own thought processes. Maybe sometimes there is a tendency to connect them to something familiar, but within your own mind is the path, The trick is to follow it without distraction.

There is an exceptional amount of wisdom in the NN Sag 3rd, which further explains my fascination with you.

Looking back now, the odd exchange among the three of us in the back was part of this penetrating search for what is really going on. The real conversation behind the words.

The word, "bitch" took on an entirely huge meaning that night, and I think we both just wanted to define the word, which could take a lifetime!

22/2/07 1:58 PM  
Blogger jm said...

So when I see your name, juju, in the comment section, my whole body perks up knowing I'm going to get a lot of substance and things of interest. Never fails. It's a great combination, the Gemini curiosity with the Sag penetration and genuine search. The trick is....knowing when you've found the answer.

22/2/07 2:07 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Sorry to be such a dunce...

That about says it all...:)

22/2/07 2:09 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Neith, can you elaborate on your boss?

22/2/07 2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that's what was behind that deleted comment! :o)

22/2/07 2:50 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Hey you!

22/2/07 3:31 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Last week someone asked me if I always talk this fast. My answer was, "when I'm around people. They excite me."

I said that I was trying to slow down, but not finding success quite yet.:)

I only have one lifetime with this setup!!!!!

You wouldn't believe it though. When I'm around my Taurus fiend, I talk slowly!
I'm a chameleon.

22/2/07 3:34 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Oh, and my Sagittarius, Scorpio 3rd houser. She slows me down. She's got the power.

22/2/07 3:35 PM  
Blogger jm said...

This is absolutely wonderful!!!!! And perfect desription of Gem/Sag nodes. This experiental stuff is my forte.

Also the Pluto through Sag now. This medium is out of this world.

People are talking about me behind my back right in full view!!!

Incredibly open hearted and wonderful! Now people can dislike me openly and I can accept it in good grace. I have arrived via Bloghdad.

22/2/07 3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eddie Sun House Jr did a great song called "Don't You Mind People Grinnin', In Your Face". Do you know that one jm?

Astrid

22/2/07 3:52 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Astrid!!!!!! And astrid's Computer!!!!!

I don't know that tune, but I would LOVE it.

There are a lot of songs with this theme. Those blues people were mighty sociable. And alcohol was often involved.

22/2/07 3:57 PM  
Blogger jm said...

And of course, "Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone"

I always interpreted that to mean talk about me NOW!

22/2/07 3:58 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Astrid, I'm amazed. Your knowledge of the blues is extensive and goes for the real thing. I have a feeling that this experience is going to guide me back into my first love in a new way. Every time you mention one of these old tunes, my heart leaps. There is no mistake.

22/2/07 4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went looking for an audio clip, but I couldn't find one. Darn it. It's rich jm. I'm singing it but only my dogs are acting as my audience today. :-)

I have guests coming for dinner, so I can't stay, but I'll be back to share in all this goodness. You and Neith are my favorite blog places. You are both just beautiful!

Astrid

22/2/07 4:12 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Later astrid....
What lucky creatures, your guests. You can report back and tell me what you all ate.

22/2/07 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you jm -- even though I didn't know I had SN Gemini, when I read your description it fit me so well. I even used the image of the tower of Babel (or Babble) in a novel.

And yes, that conversation -- there was also something about it that was free of fear which lead to an ability just to play with what was real. A kind of lay that has to do with fascination with what is. It's not always like that -- it was probably your energy that brought it out.

I'm tired, my eyes barely open, my boys are in bed, so I'll say goodnight, but thank you so much for all this welcome information here.

22/2/07 9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoops I meant play (tell that to Freud)

22/2/07 9:14 PM  
Blogger jm said...

it was probably your energy that brought it out.

And all along I thought it was yours!

'nite juju. I love it when you come in.

22/2/07 9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi JM,

Just stopping by to say hello. I haven't even gotten around to looking at your chart yet, though I am quite curious.

I did finally finish a resume I'm ok with, so that's a very good thing. I've gotta go to an meeting set up by the unemployment department tomorrow morning.

Anyway, just saying hello!

22/2/07 10:28 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Ag!!!!

Top of the evening to you!

22/2/07 10:59 PM  

<< Home