Monday, June 25, 2007

North Node in Gemini
or The Third House

The NN in Gemini is the cosmic postman, journalist and reporter. The galactic courier delivering vital messages, connecting everything to everyone, as he moves about human society with speed, urgency, and agility. He is fascinated by his surroundings, as his curiosity discovers a constantly moving kaleidoscope of people, places, and things. He's eager to explore.
Information headquarters. The SN Sagittarian memory of education has attuned this nodeholder's mind to fact gathering and the comprehension of information. Continually connecting one thing to another, his active intellect maps experience in a broad collection of facts, figures, charts, and graphs. Nothing is too trivial for the Gem NN, and he shares his library with all.
Social telegraph cum gossip column. The Gem NN likes people, and he loves to talk about them. The ability to keep up with each one of his friend's lives is staggering. One of the most often repeated phrases from this node is, "You've got to meet so and so. She will like you." He adores connecting his assortment of friends with one another and automatically thinks of who else will appreciate the person he is with at the moment.

Love of the spoken and written word. The NN Gem is a devotee of language. He seeks sparkling conversation and can easily enjoy discussion not always for the concepts, but simply for the pleasure of hearing words and stringing them together. While some leap ahead to form a thesis in each sentence, the Gemini NN can stay completely interested in just one word, rolling it around and fondling its meaning, or even just its sound. He delights in unusual juxtapositions and is headed toward being a walking dictionary. He reads everything with relish, be it a masterpiece of literature, a billboard, a snazzy magazine, or a detergent box label. All the same.
Foreign languages. Sometimes the Gemini NN is adept at mimicry and can pick up foreign languages quickly. The interesting thing is how he frequently can communicate with non-English speaking people even when he barely knows the language.
My NN Gem friend and I spent several months in a small village in Mexico. He spent his days with the local people, often going out fishing for whole afternoons, then dialoguing in the bars until dawn. Not one of them spoke English and the fractured and very limited Spanish he knew provided all the words he needed to communicate. I'm still not exactly sure how he did it, and I know he was a nonstop talker.


Cultural liaisons. This nodal native finds society entertaining, and when going full tilt knows everything that's going on around town. The latest lectures, the movies, the book signings, where the musicians are gigging, and when the next neighborhood street fair will take place. He enjoys neighborhood hopping and discovering the new bistro that just opened in some obscure spot, soon to be populated with his many friends. The town is filled with circuits within circuits that he is ready to plug into and enjoy to the maximum.
Brothers and sisters. In some cases, but not all, this node is eager to continue his relationships with his siblings throughout their adult lives. Some fall naturally and lovingly into the roles of aunts and uncles to all the new arriving children. The chattering family with all the latest news delights them.
One Gem NN friend created a network in his apartment building in lieu of his family members who were 2000 miles away. He even published a newsletter informing everyone about the latest goings-on in the complex. Really funny, I might add.


Lightness of spirit. there is almost an elfin quality to the spriteliness of the Gem NN. The wings of Mercury propel his feet, after all. Nimbleness and flexibility are his, if not in body, then in emotions, mind, and spirit. Like a chattering bird, he keeps the human race company, often with gaiety and charm. It's hard to feel lonely in the company of a Gemini NN. There is too much going on, very often including fun & frolic.

Short memory and forgiveness. Granted the attention span of the Gemini can be short but this can also be one of his best attributes. When I've displeased a Gemini friend and I mention it on the phone two days later, the answer I get is, "But that was a long time ago." His life is often so filled with things at the moment, that he really doesn't have time for rehashing old events. He forgives naturally because he's really moved on.

Nonjudgemental friend of all. One of the finest traits of the NN in Gemini is his disinterest in judgement. This would prevent him from experiencing the event. His curiosity trumps prejudice, and he can't always see the need for rejection. He can usually find enjoyable characteristics. Curious, open-minded, looking forward to the next day. He likes everyone. He's their brother.
Top illustration: Joe Cepeda. Bottom: Peter Collington

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The short memory is a trait of Gemini I appreciate as well. One of my Gemini sisters wasn' t too bothered when another didn't speak to her for five years (!) over some perceived slight. She thought it had only been one!
When you have a big family, it helps to have a Gemini. They really lighten the emotional load.

25/6/07 6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I wish I could do... find out the birth data of my wacky family and try to put it all together and see what makes 'em tick. At the least, find out what makes 'em so contentious.

25/6/07 10:31 AM  
Blogger jm said...

That's so funny chrispito. I love that trait too. And what you say about lightening the emotional load.

Joe, one at a time. We can look at them.
Consider the fact that you have a Leo 4th house. Your family. And that might indicate a lot of emotion and expression. Lots of drama. The ruling Sun goes into Scorpio, and you know about that. Emotions, manipulations, traumas that maybe aren't really there. Hurts upon slights. Loyalties.

The planets on your SN in Cancer are stirring it up now so you're probably overreacting. It'll be interesting to see what happens on the Full Moon in Capricorn coming right up.

Also the Venus in Leo is transiting your 4th heightening the drama.

Family time all the way around.

25/6/07 12:07 PM  
Blogger jm said...

We can watch this together joe. See what happens while the Sun gets deeper into Cancer with Mercury retrograde(going into past family, emotional issues).

See if moodiness increases and preoccupation with personal problems. Cancer has great attributes, but expansiveness and attention to the external parade are not among them. Fears about being hurt abound too. Overprotectiveness (smothering), insecurity, and immaturity.

Cancer can be a pain, needy, whiny, and self centered, when not being sympathetic to others' hurts, the good part.

My ruling Moon goes into Sagittarius in my case and this changes everything, although I do indulge in the Cancer negatives, less so as time goes on.
Often I think we move away from our Sun characteristics and on to the ASC and Saturn development.

25/6/07 12:36 PM  
Blogger Diane L said...

(((((jm))))) You are AMAZING!! hee, hee, hee . . . this is ME! NN in Gemini person to the bone! (it helps that Uranus is conjunct, though widely, my NN . . . as Uranus is noted for kick-starting one!)

25/6/07 12:50 PM  
Blogger jm said...

There you are!!

I thought about you especially in the relief of loneliness part and the weaving together of all your friends, speaking of knitting circles.

I also love the lightness of spirit, and even though you claim to be big boned, muscular, and not so little, I don't see that in cyberspace, and I get the wings of flight around you, disregarding the Scorpio heavy water, of course.:-)

Interesting, the forgiveness, or should I say forgetfulness, of Gemini mixed with the grudge till death of Scorpio. Any battles there?

25/6/07 1:16 PM  
Blogger Diane L said...

Interesting, the forgiveness, or should I say forgetfulness, of Gemini mixed with the grudge till death of Scorpio. Any battles there?

The more Uranus has pushed me into the NN, the less I'm inclined to carry those grudges. Now post-Second Saturn Return, I just don't have time - too many lovely souls out there to communicate with! When that thought pattern wants to set up in my head, I just acknowledge and think about something else . . . not easy but major stress reducer!!

Joe, with your Scorpio/Gemini, do you see any similarity ?

25/6/07 1:27 PM  
Blogger jm said...

I think there is added emphasis on your Uranus for several reasons, neith.

Most of your planets are clustered so the position of the node and Uranus out there alone and in the interpersonal is important. I think 9 degrees is pretty close.

It trines your Libra stellium and the amazing 11th house planets, both luminaries there. The 11th adds to the Uranus influence, but harder to get at than Aquarius or more obvious Uranian aspects.

The inconjunct to Mars and Mercury, however, is close and Mercury rules the NN. Here is one of your high cards. It draws the Merc and Mars together being right in between. The 12th house closet is tough. I would think there is an iceberg below the surface of verbal self expression that is ready to explode with this Uranus, fears begone. Lots of rage that might not please the Libra. Saying what you REALLY want to say. I have Mars square Merc and Uranus and I know all about this. Oooh boy!

I'm beginning to think quincunxes are one of the best aspects. Maybe THE best. Great talent in them.

25/6/07 1:28 PM  
Blogger jm said...

When that thought pattern wants to set up in my head, I just acknowledge and think about something else . . . not easy but major stress reducer!!

This is a great thing to master.

I thought about Joe and the Gem-Scorp. He does mention the old battles a lot. I think, though, we get more into the ASC as we learn from feedback, and Gemini is definitely a let go of resentment kind of guy.

In fact, the more I think about it. The inconjunt to the Mars-Merc in your case is that door out of resentment.

25/6/07 1:34 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Here's another thing. the NN is the midpoint between the Moon-Neptune and all the fears that can get going with that one. Your Cancer is in the 8th with all that heavy emotional stuff, so this makes the lightness of the NN all that much more significant. In the end the blend of emotional depth mixed with the node makes a great combination and keeps you from sinking.

25/6/07 1:39 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Now post-Second Saturn Return, I just don't have time - too many lovely souls out there to communicate with!

A huge Venus in Leo kiss for you neith, with a Mars in Taurus hug!

25/6/07 1:43 PM  
Blogger Diane L said...

I love the circular Mercury theme from the NN to my Mercury to Uranus and back. The current transit of Neptune squaring my Mercury from the 3rd House is messing with the logic side but is blessing the intuitive. There is no doubt in my mind the current Mercury Rx in Cancer in my 8th is reinforcing the intuitive and bringing old emotional issues to the surface.

Saying what I REALLY want to say without being totally wounding is a constant challenge. Hurting others shuts down their ability to hear and assimilate, so that's why I prefer to draw on that much vaunted Libra tact & diplomacy (like Pat P keeps telling me, "you are so Libra!)

Using an inconjunct takes time and focus but what an amazing aspect. We have learned though . . :-)

25/6/07 1:50 PM  
Blogger Diane L said...

A huge Venus in Leo kiss for you neith, with a Mars in Taurus hug!

back at 'cha!! (((jm))) now I have to get my nose back to the grindstone!! Though I'm having one of my Uranus/Mercury flows going!!!!! :-)

25/6/07 1:52 PM  
Blogger jm said...

{{{neith}}} at the grindstone

25/6/07 2:00 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Hurting others shuts down their ability to hear and assimilate

Excellent point.

25/6/07 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider the fact that you have a Leo 4th house. Your family. And that might indicate a lot of emotion and expression. Lots of drama. The ruling Sun goes into Scorpio, and you know about that. Emotions, manipulations, traumas that maybe aren't really there. Hurts upon slights. Loyalties.

Very much so. I paid a lot of attention this time and noticed who was talking to whom, and who was ignoring or minimizing contact with whom.

Incidentally, you'll really smile at this one. I was totally blindsided. For the last 5 years, I've been avoiding the weddings of my horde of younger cousins b/c it's just too sensitive for me, the whole marriage issue. Libra fairness and all.

So at the reception of the wedding 2 weeks ago, one aunt inquired of my mother why I never come to the weddings. She let slip my discomfort with weddings and the feeling of being unrecognized.

So this aunt and another are plotting to throw me and my SO a
shower--like a bridal shower, I guess.

Flabbergasted is hardly the word.
I personally don't like being the center of attention, usually. The whole idea makes me uncomfortable, but I have to hand it to them for trying to be sensitive or supportive or whatever.

*sigh*

25/6/07 3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neith, I've definitely improved on grudge-holding, but you have to realize, adding Irish to Scorpio is like adding a Scotch bonnet to your habanero sauce.

25/6/07 3:20 PM  
Blogger jm said...

LOL!!
Joe this is amazing. The shower. I am touched. I also think it's the sign of the times and the new acceptance. Civil unions are going to be popular, in keeping with marriage commitment trending back in our society. Also could be part of the Capricorn stability ahead, but with Aquarian nontradition.

This is wonderful news.

25/6/07 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trouble is, the weekend they want to do it is already spoken for. So I dunno what they'll say when I have to decline.

25/6/07 6:09 PM  

<< Home