Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Human Races

Mongoloid, Negroid, Caucasoid
No one seems to know why the human race was divided into three sections, each with defining characteristics. Some metaphysicians theorize that the separations were designed for evolutionary purposes -- to teach humans how to integrate and come back to wholeness through learning and cooperation.
And to know themselves.
Pluto is just about to go retrograde and return to Sagittarius for the last part of the experience. The test to see how far humans have advanced in terms of gender, racial, ethnic, religious, cultural, and ideological divisions. Mars is in Cancer opposite the stationary Pluto and the Moon just crossed the last few days, setting off subconscious fears, a return to primitive tribal separation, and surfacing of collective memory. Pluto is associated with crisis, meaning a changing point. Krisis. Point of decision. Pluto crossing from Sagittarius into Capricorn at this delicate time is having an influence.
I grew up on the Pennsylvania-New York border in a lower middle class factory town surrounded by farmland. We moved out of the main city when I entered junior and high school, and I encountered no noticeable bigotry during those years. This is why -- there were two black kids in the school, brother and sister, and three Jews, two of them twins. It was a homogeneous, non-violent environment.
Later I lived in New Orleans and encountered the discomfort of racism directly. I vowed never to live that way again so I moved to the west into a relatively prejudice-free city. I've been here thirty years and I've seen even more changes, although prejudice certainly does still exist in many ways. Sometimes I think that the American West is gaining influence in society and the independent, live-and-let-liveness of this region will be a great addition.

So as Pluto is stationing, the primaries have come to some problematic states and racism has surfaced in dramatic ways for a last look at the phenomenon. A look at the old style of politics. Divide and keep divided. Scare up votes. Throw crumbs until the next election. Or nothing, as it stands now.
The point of decision. I'm sure it will be a good one given the time allotted and the attention paid to the process. The effort from all sides. And the collective patience. Quite amazing.
It doesn't really hurt to look at some truth deep in Sagittarius. To look at our own judgements or pre-judgements. And all that religious stuff comes with the package. Hopefully some more subdued worship rituals will arrive with Pluto and Jupiter in Capricorn. Some of us in the species, though, will always love a little blazing thrill. Last chance for 250 years!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot about Pluto stationing and turning rx. It explains a lot about the change in my POV since Pluto steamrolled into my 8th house.

I can't believe the powerful entity represented by that tiny planet.

16/3/08 4:04 PM  
Blogger jm said...

Yup. The stations are very important. I work with them diligently since all my life the big stations have landed on exact degrees in my chart. I love them. Current example: My Mars at 0 Libra!

It's a fantastic opportunity. Gift from the gods, if I daresay.

Let me know what's going on with your transit when you have a chance, joe. I'm very interested, since you're one of the connected ones by degree.:-)

16/3/08 4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surprisingly, this transit involves my Saturn as well as Pluto in the 8th, but it's definitely TMI (too much info) for this venue. Here's how I interpret it, rightly or wrongly: Saturn rules Capricorn (in my 8th house), so those walls from my 1st house which have stood between me and others are transforming in a fundamental way, with an 8th house twist, if you get my drift. ;o)

16/3/08 6:20 PM  

<< Home